The Glasgow School of Art
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
English Language Requirements
International applicants are normally asked to provide an IELTS certificate with a suitable score as follows:
- Architecture (Undergraduate) 6.5 overall (with a minimum 5.5 in each component).
- BEng/MEng Product Design Engineering 6.5 overall (with a minimum 6.0 in each component).
- All other Undergraduate and Postgraduate programmes 6.0 overall (with a minimum 5.5 in each component).
- Please note these are minimum scores and some programmes may have a higher English requirement – please refer to individual programme pages on the GSA website.
Accommodation for International Students
- Accommodation in GSA halls of residence is not guaranteed for international students but applications are assessed on need.
- A large amount of private accommodation is also available to those not staying in GSA halls, and the GSA's Student Welfare department offers help with flat-hunting.
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.