- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
The University of Glasgow is a member of the prestigious Russell Group of research intensive universities, offering over 300 taught master's programmes. The university has annual research earnings of over £175 million.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
8,919 postgraduate students in 2017–18
Mode of study
- Full Time 82%
- Part Time 18%
- UK 47%
- EU 10%
- Other 43%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Accounting & Finance||60||1030||1090|
|Business & Management Studies||60||555||615|
|Librarianship & Information Management||5||230||235|
|Town & Country Planning and Landscape Design||30||140||170|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||80||80||160|
|Physics & Astronomy||115||30||145|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||40||70||110|
|History of Art, Architecture & Design||30||75||105|
|Geography & Environmental Science||30||60||90|
|Agriculture & Forestry||15||70||85|
|Theology & Religious Studies||65||10||75|
|Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering||35||30||65|
|Anatomy & Physiology||15||45||60|
|Russian & East European Languages||10||45||60|
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||5||40||45|
|Communication & Media Studies||10||20||30|
|Classics & Ancient History||10||20||25|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||0||5||5|
|East & South Asian Studies||0||5||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
The university offers a range of funding support to postgraduate students. The following are a selection, please refer to the university website for the full range, alongside eligibility criteria:
- Postgraduate Talent Scholarship: £2,000 for students who could face financial difficulties in taking up a place to study a taught master's programme.
- Glasgow also offers 10% fee discount on both postgraduate taught and research programmes for alumni.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- Most new full-time students studying for a degree, including international students, are guaranteed accommodation, subject to the university's admissions policy.