University of Glasgow
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- The University of Glasgow has a research community of 3000 research and teaching staff and an impressive 81% of the university's research is judged to internationally excellent (REF 2014).
- Be taught by academics who are leading experts in their disciplines.
- The university is a member of the prestigious Russell Group of leading UK research universities.
- Discover a way of learning that develops your critical thinking, analytical abilities and curiosity.
- Over 5,000 students are currently registered for taught degrees.
- A postgraduate degree can provide you with a platform for further research or enable you to develop high-level skills and advanced knowledge to further your career.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
The 7,655 postgraduate students enrolled in the academic year 2014/15 comprise:
Mode of study
- Full Time 75%
- Part Time 25%
- UK 52%
- EU 11%
- Other 37%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & administrative studies||90||1219||1309|
|Medicine & dentistry||351||403||754|
|Engineering & technology||202||190||392|
|Historical & philosophical studies||174||184||358|
|Creative arts & design||48||149||197|
|Architecture, building & planning||17||139||156|
|Subjects allied to medicine||37||114||151|
|Mass communications & documentation||8||45||53|
|Agriculture & related subjects||9||33||42|
Type of Qualification:
Postgraduate Fees and Funding
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
Facilities and Support for Postgraduate Students
- Benefit from our vast information resources and state-of-the-art equipment.
- Glasgow boasts one of the largest university libraries in the UK, with over 800 student PCs and extremely convenient opening hours. The library is open 361 days of the year from 07:15–02:00.