University of Glasgow
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- Most new full-time students studying for a degree, including international students, are guaranteed accommodation, subject to the university's admissions policy.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The university is investing more than £1.5m towards scholarships and funding opportunities this year.
- Postgraduate students may be able to apply for a Postgraduate Talent Scholarship: £2,000 for students who could face financial difficulties in taking up a place to study a Taught Masters programme.
- Glasgow also offers 10% fee discount on both postgraduate taught and research programmes for alumni.
- The University of Glasgow is a member of the Russell Group of research-intensive UK universities, making it an ideal place to pursue research.
- The assessment of the university’s taught Masters degrees is often based on the submission of a research-based dissertation.
- Students can also opt to study for a research Masters or Doctoral degree, which are research-based programmes.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
7,989 postgraduate students in 2015–16:
Mode of study
- Full Time 74%
- Part Time 26%
- UK 52%
- EU 10%
- Other 39%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & administrative studies||90||1220||1310|
|Medicine & dentistry||350||405||755|
|Engineering & technology||200||190||390|
|Historical & philosophical studies||175||185||360|
|Creative arts & design||50||150||195|
|Architecture, building & planning||15||140||155|
|Subjects allied to medicine||35||115||150|
|Mass communications & documentation||10||45||55|
|Agriculture & related subjects||10||35||40|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.