- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
The University of Gloucestershire is a modern university attracting students from more than 80 countries worldwide. Based in Cheltenham and Gloucester, and surrounded by the picturesque countryside of the Cotswolds and Forest of Dean, its students enjoy excellent travel connections with the rest of the UK. Direct trains and coaches go to Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff and London while London Heathrow is within two hours' drive.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Silver is awarded to institutions that deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for their students, and consistently exceed "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
645 international students in 2017–18
- The induction period starts at the beginning of September, providing international students with the chance to settle in before classes begin.
- This includes a Freshers' event to introduce the different clubs and societies that students can join and also orientation, accommodation and academic induction information.
English Language Requirements
Undergraduate applicants should have completed high school with good grades. Some students may have to complete an international foundation course before progressing to the bachelor's degree.
- International bachelor's degree applicants require an IELTS score of 6.0 overall (with no less than 5.5 in any band) or equivalent.
- There is also a bachelor's studies route option with English support for students with IELTS of 5.5 overall (with no less than 5.5 in any band).
- For BSc Nursing (Adult), BSc Nursing (Mental Health), BSc Paramedic Science, BSc Physiotherapy, BA Journalism and BA Sports Journalism the requirement is an IELTS score of 7.0 overall and 7.0 in all bands.
Accommodation for International Students
- International first year undergraduate or postgraduate students who firmly accept their offer and apply for accommodation by the specified deadline for international students, will be guaranteed a place in university accommodation.
- The accommodation will be either halls of residence or university approved landlord accommodation.
- Halls of residence are self-catered, with refectories on each campus, and provide free Internet access. It is a short walk to lectures from the halls on campus. Some halls are located off campuses at varying distances. The university bus runs between all campuses every half hour during term time.
- International students are spread evenly across the campus halls of residence. Students may stay in their accommodation during the Christmas and Easter vacations, only having to move out during the summer months.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The University of Gloucestershire is pleased to reward academic excellence and operates a scholarship programme for international students. Scholarships ranging from £2,000–4,000 are available for undergraduate and postgraduate full-time taught courses.
- Terms and conditions apply, please refer to the university website for details.
- The University of Gloucestershire is highly rated for its international student support. A wide range of information and support is offered, from helping students find somewhere to live and giving advice on applying for finance, to answering academic queries and helping address mental health concerns.
International Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate (£)||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.