- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
The University of Gloucestershire offers a range of taught and research degrees, from masters to doctorates. Postgraduate students study everything from accounting and finance, and business administration through to creative and critical writing, and forensic psychology.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
1,413 postgraduate students in 2017–18
Mode of study
- Full Time 38%
- Part Time 62%
- UK 90%
- EU 1%
- Other 10%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||50||170||220|
|Town & Country Planning and Landscape Design||10||70||80|
|Art & Design||5||50||55|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||0||20||20|
|Accounting & Finance||5||10||20|
|Theology & Religious Studies||15||5||20|
|Librarianship & Information Management||15||0||15|
|Geography & Environmental Science||10||0||10|
|Communication & Media Studies||5||0||5|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||5||0||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
The University of Gloucestershire offers a number of different funding sources for postgraduate students including studentships, bursaries, grants, loans and scholarships. For details please refer to the university website or contact the university's Money Advice team. Some of the awards include:
- The Annual Fund for Excellence: up to £10,000 across the period of study, offered to First Class Honours students wanting to pursue postgraduate studies at the university.
- Murray Pugh Memorial Fund: up to £2,000 for students of the University of Gloucestershire who either work with children with special needs, or for a young person with a physical disability who requires special assistance.
- Chapel of St Mary Fund: up to £1,000 to enable students to access opportunities which will increase their employment prospects after graduation.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- UK/EU postgraduates are eligible for halls accommodation if they have accepted their offer and apply for accommodation by the specified date for UK/EU students.
- Postgraduate students can also find housing through the university-approved housing list.
- Student houses are situated at varying distances from the campuses.
- The university bus runs between all campuses every half hour during term time.