University of Gloucestershire
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- UK/EU postgraduates are eligible for Pittville Student Village accommodation if they have accepted their offer and apply for accommodation by the specified date for UK/EU students.
- International postgraduates are guaranteed accommodation if they have accepted their offer and apply for accomodation by the the specified deadine for international students.
- Postgraduate students can find housing through the university-approved housing list.
- Student houses are situated at varying distances from the campuses.
- The university bus runs between all campuses every half hour during term time.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The University of Gloucestershire is pleased to reward academic excellence and operates a scholarship programme for international students. Scholarships ranging from £2,000-£4,000 are available for undergraduate and postgraduate full-time taught courses. Note that terms and conditions apply to all financial awards.
- Other scholarships and bursaries include: postgraduate taught scholarships of £2,000-£4,000; Alumni bursary 10%; Family bursary 10%.
- The University of Gloucestershire has a vibrant academic community where creative research is conducted at a high level. More than 25% of the work in all 6 of the university’s submissions to the Research Excellence Framework in 2014 was recognised as internationally excellent or world leading; results can be seen in the Quality Profiles on the REF website.
- The university offers a variety of research degree programmes and there are two start dates for research degrees: October and February.
- UK and EU students can study on either a full-time or part-time basis, or, where appropriate, away from the university. International students studying in the UK on a student visa are required to study on a full-time basis.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
1,339 postgraduate students in 2015–16:
Mode of study
- Full Time 36%
- Part Time 64%
- UK 90%
- EU 1%
- Other 8%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & administrative studies||70||150||220|
|Architecture, building & planning||10||65||75|
|Creative arts & design||15||50||65|
|Subjects allied to medicine||0||25||25|
|Historical & philosophical studies||20||0||20|
|Mass communications & documentation||10||5||15|
|Engineering & technology||5||0||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.