- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
The University of Gloucestershire offers a range of taught and research degrees, from masters to doctorates. Postgraduate students study everything from accounting and finance, and business administration through to creative and critical writing, and forensic psychology.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
1,540 postgraduate students in 2016–17
Mode of study
- Full Time 34%
- Part Time 66%
- UK 90%
- EU 2%
- Other 9%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||55||175||230|
|Town & Country Planning and Landscape Design||10||70||80|
|Art & Design||10||35||45|
|Accounting & Finance||10||15||25|
|Librarianship & Information Management||20||5||20|
|Theology & Religious Studies||15||5||20|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||0||20||20|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||5||5||10|
|Communication & Media Studies||10||0||10|
|Geography & Environmental Science||5||0||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The University of Gloucestershire is pleased to reward academic excellence and operates a scholarship programme for international students. Scholarships ranging from £2,000–4,000 are available for undergraduate and postgraduate full-time taught courses. Note that terms and conditions apply to all financial awards.
- Other scholarships and bursaries include: alumni bursary 10% and family bursary 10%.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- UK/EU postgraduates are eligible for Pittville Student Village accommodation if they have accepted their offer and apply for accommodation by the specified date for UK/EU students.
- International postgraduates are guaranteed accommodation if they have accepted their offer and apply for accommodation by the specified deadline for international students.
- Postgraduate students can find housing through the university-approved housing list.
- Student houses are situated at varying distances from the campuses.
- The university bus runs between all campuses every half hour during term time.