Wrexham Glyndŵr University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Wrexham Glyndŵr University welcomes students from around the world, helping them strive for academic excellence through its study programmes and contemporary research.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Silver is awarded to institutions that deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for their students, and consistently exceed "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
1,055 international students in 2016–17
- All international and EU students can expect comprehensive support from application to enrolment, and throughout their studies at the university.
- A free 'Meet and Greet' service is provided for new international students arriving at Manchester Airport, where students will be met and taken to the university. It is only available to those arriving at Manchester Airport, therefore it is recommended that students aim to arrive there. They will need to provide their travel information in advance, and have their meet and greet confirmed by Student Welfare at the university.
English Language Requirements
- Students whose first language is not English must satisfy Wrexham Glyndŵr University’s English language entry requirements to gain admission to courses.
- The university only accepts the following tests which are approved by UK Visas and Immigration: Trinity College London, Integrated Skills in English (ISE), and Cambridge English, International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
- Grades in Academic IELTS are: for undergraduate study 6.0 (no band lower than 5.5) or for postgraduate study 6.5 (no band lower than 6.0).
- All academic IELTS for UKVI tests should be taken at a test centre approved by the UKVI.
Accommodation for International Students
- All international and EU students are guaranteed accommodation on campus.
- Whether students are looking for a friendly community atmosphere in halls of residence, or a more private house, the university's team of student accommodation experts can help them find their perfect home and provide support every step of the way.
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate (£)||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.