Goldsmiths, University of London
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Goldsmiths, University of London, has an academic legacy stretching back to 1891 – but the university is always looking forward. Full of students and staff who are inventive, imaginative and original, Goldsmiths provides an environment where new ideas flourish, and where traditional ways of doing things are challenged.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Bronze is awarded to institutions that deliver teaching, learning and outcomes for their students that meet "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
2,380 international students in 2017–18
- International students receive a pre-arrival guide with key information and guidance before they arrive.
- An International Welcome programme has a week of activities to help welcome and support new international students as they adapt to life in the UK. Support has previously included an airport pick-up service, welcome talks, information, social events and day trips, running alongside the general academic induction and orientation activity.
- The Goldsmiths Immigration Advisory Service can support students with pre-arrival advice and guidance, through to graduation and working in the UK. They offer web chats, webinars, workshops and visa drop-in sessions throughout the year to help with any visa questions.
English Language Requirements
- Students whose first language is not English are asked to refer to the university website to find out more about English language requirements.
- Goldsmiths offers pre-sessional English language courses, and undergraduate and postgraduate year-long pathway programmes. These allow students to develop language skills and become familiar with UK academic culture.
- If students require language support during their studies, in-sessional academic language development courses are available through Goldsmiths' English Language Centre.
Accommodation for International Students
- Accommodation is guaranteed for the first year of study for all international applicants who apply by the specified deadline.
- Most halls of residents have a mix of students from different countries, subject areas and levels of study.
- If students prefer not share with people of the same gender, they can state this on their accommodation application; Goldsmiths will try to meet these requests where possible.
- There are double en-suite rooms and double studios that can accommodate couples, if both are full-time students.
- Please refer to the university website for further information about accommodation in halls and alternative accommodation options.
Bursaries and ScholarshipsGoldsmiths offers a range of scholarships, bursaries and fee waivers to help students fund their studies. Please refer to the university website for details. All are awarded by application and meeting certain eligibility criteria. For 2019 entry, these include:
- Goldsmiths Excellence Fee Waiver: a 30% discount to home/EU students, and the equivalent amount in pounds sterling to international students, for anyone with a first class undergraduate honours degree from a British university applying for a taught master's programme.
- GREAT Scholarship China (two available): a £10,000 tuition fee waiver for students from China applying for taught programmes from specific departments.
- Goldsmiths International Scholarship: a tuition fee waiver for a student's first year of study.
- Some departments also announce subject-specific funding for postgraduate applicants.
- All Goldsmiths' support services are open to international students – from academic skills development through to careers, counselling and well-being.
- An International Students' Officer in the Students' Union can support and represent international students' interests.
- There are many student societies that international students may be interested in joining to meet like-minded people or those from certain cultural or religious communities.