Goldsmiths, University of London
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
The name Goldsmiths is synonymous with creativity and innovation. Combining academic excellence and imaginative course content, its programmes are distinctive, often unique and have a strong interdisciplinary focus, because graduates need to think and work outside boxes. It is one community on a single-site campus, just ten minutes from central London in a lively and attractive location for living and studying.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Bronze is awarded to institutions that deliver teaching, learning and outcomes for their students that meet "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
2,125 international students in 2016–17
- Students receive a pre-arrival guide with key information and guidance for before they arrive.
- An International Welcome programme for new students has a week of activities to help welcome and support international students as they adapt to UK life.
- This includes airport pick up service, welcome talks, information and social events and day trips, running alongside the general academic induction and orientation activity.
- Goldsmiths' Immigration Advisory Service can support students from pre-arrival advice and guidance, through to graduation and working in the UK. They offer web chats, webinars, workshops and visa drop-in sessions throughout the year to help with any visa questions.
English Language Requirements
- Please refer to the university website to find out more about English language requirements if English isn't your first language.
- The university offers pre-sessional English language courses and an international foundation certificate that allows students to develop language skills and become familiar with UK academic culture.
- If students require language support during their studies, in-sessional academic language development courses are available through Goldsmiths English Language Centre.
Accommodation for International Students
- Accommodation is guaranteed for the first year of study for all international applicants who apply by the deadline.
- Students are spread throughout the accommodation, mixing international and non-international students, and students from different subjects and levels of study.
- If students would prefer not share with people of the same gender, they can state this on their accommodation application and Goldsmiths will try to meet these requests, where possible.
- There are double en-suite rooms and double studios that can accommodate couples, if both are full-time students. Please refer to the university website for further information about accommodation in halls and alternative accommodation options.
International Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate (£)||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.