Goldsmiths, University of London
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Why Study Here?
- We're ranked first in London for our high quality and helpful staff (Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey 2014).
- We’ve been part of the internationally renowned University of London for over a century, so you’ll benefit from the excellent facilities associated with this.
- With students from 114 countries, we offer a welcoming environment for international students.
- Our graduates become leaders and innovators in their fields. Former students include Oscar winning directors, and six winners of the prestigious Turner Prize.
- The Goldsmiths Careers Service is part of the Careers Group, University of London – the largest careers service in the country.
- We hold regular virtual open days throughout the year, allowing you to tour the Goldsmiths campus and ask staff any questions you have via your computer. Find out more about our upcoming virtual events on our website.
- Find out when we're next visiting a city near you from our website.
What Do International Students Study?
English Language Requirements
- If English isn't your first language, you will need to meet our English language requirements to study with us. Find out what they on our website.
- If you don't yet meet these requirements, we offer pre-sessional English language courses and international foundation degrees that allow you to develop your language skills and become familiar with UK academic culture.
- If you need language support during your studies, we offer in-sessional academic language development courses through our Centre for English Language and Academic Writing.
Fees and Funding
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Please see the Fees & Finance tab for details of our funding opportunities.
Pre-Arrival and Welcome
- Goldsmiths runs a series of events during international students’ first week at the university, to help students settle into university life and a new city.
- This includes airport pick up, welcome talks and social events, Freshers’ Week events and student trips.
- We have an Immigration Advisory Service who can support you from the very start of your journey with us, through to graduation and beyond. They offer appointments, web chats, webinars, workshops and visa drop-in sessions throughout the year to help with any visa questions.
Accommodation for International Students
- International students are guaranteed accommodation for 2016 entry (subject to deadlines).
- Goldsmiths tries to spread students evenly throughout the accommodation – for example, international and non-international students, and students from different subjects and levels of study.
- Find out more on the Accommodation tab.
Organisations for International Students
- International students are welcome to join any student organisations.