Goldsmiths, University of London
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Campus and Crime Map
- Over 1,500 rooms are available in university halls of residence. Many halls are located in New Cross, while others are a short commute away.
- Rent includes all utility bills (such as electricity, water and gas), basic possessions insurance and internet access.
- Private accommodation can also be found and managed for students by the University of London Housing Services.
- The Students' Union and the University of London hold flat-sharing events to make it easier for students to meet new friends and find flatmates.
|Number of university/college beds||1,093|
|Typical annual cost of university/college accommodation||£5,919–£6,973|
|Typical annual cost of private accommodation||£7,200–£9,000|
- City Population: 8,673,000
- Student Population: 306,000
- Goldsmiths is in New Cross, South East London, which is 7 minutes by train from London Bridge.
- It's the perfect place to experience London – close enough to easily access the world-renowned landmarks and nightlife, but with a strong local community spirit.
- New Cross has a rich tradition of creativity, home to emerging musicians, artists and community leaders, as well as a thriving student population
- Like any capital city, the cost of living in London can be expensive but the benefits of living in a global hub make this a valuable investment: London is regularly voted one of the best cities in the world to be a student because of the diverse job opportunities, cosmopolitanism and learning resources it offers.
New Cross is in travel card Zone 2 and is well located to travel by train all over London, with 3 rail stations nearby (New Cross, New Cross Gate and Deptford Bridge for the Docklands Light Railway).
New Cross is also well served by bus routes, including night buses.
- Many Goldsmiths students choose to cycle, and there are bicycle lockers, showering facilities and secure parking spaces across campus.
- The main airports serving London are Gatwick, Heathrow, Stansted and London City.
Culture and Nightlife
- The Students' Union is a regular place for student nights out, and local areas like Peckham and Dalston are also popular. New Cross itself has lots of local night life, including pubs, comedy venues, and some nearby clubs, along with a diverse range of restaurants and cafes.
- London is a melting pot of creativity and culture, full of world-renowned museums, theatres and galleries.