Goldsmiths, University of London
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Campus and Crime Map
- Goldsmiths has around 1,500 rooms available in halls of residence, some located within walking distance of the campus while others are a short commute away.
- Rent includes all utility bills (such as electricity, water and gas), basic possessions insurance and Internet access.
- Private accommodation can also be found, and support is available via the University of London Housing Services. The Students' Union and the University of London also hold flat-sharing events to make it easier for students to meet new friends and find flatmates.
|Self-Catered||from £142 to £298 per week|
The costs above are for the academic year 2018/19
- Goldsmiths is in New Cross, South East London, just 10 minutes by train from London Bridge. It's the perfect place to experience London: close enough to easily access the world-renowned landmarks and nightlife, but with a strong local community spirit.
- New Cross has a rich tradition of creativity, home to emerging musicians, artists and community leaders – as well as a thriving student population, with plenty to keep students entertained.
- Like any capital city, the cost of living in London can be expensive but the benefits of living in a global hub make this a valuable investment. London has been voted the best place in the world to be a student because it offers diverse job opportunities, a cosmopolitan community, and rich learning resources.
Nightlife and Culture
- New Cross has a vibrant nightlife with lots of options for students, from exploring the local pubs and bars – many with events such as live music and dancing, life drawing and film screenings – to trying out local restaurants offering cuisine from Lebanese and Vietnamese to Turkish and Indian.
- Nearby, Peckham, Camberwell and Deptford also tend to be hotspots for Goldsmiths students, with venues like CLF Art Café, Copeland Park and Peckham Levels all popular.
- London is unrivalled for culture; world-renowned museums, theatres, galleries and music venues are within easy reach of the campus, and there are many smaller cultural attractions close to Goldsmiths.
- Many Goldsmiths students choose to cycle, and there are bicycle lockers, showering facilities and secure parking spaces across campus.
- New Cross is in travelcard Zone 2, and well-located for travel across London. There are three rail stations nearby (New Cross, New Cross Gate and Deptford Bridge for the Docklands Light Railway), two Overground stations (providing easy connections to East London), and a large network of buses (including night buses).
- Goldsmiths is well served by London airports: Gatwick, Heathrow, Stansted and London City.