Goldsmiths, University of London
- Undergraduate Students
- International Students
- At Goldsmiths we aim to provide a creative, supportive and scholarly environment to study for a Masters or research degree.
- We offer postgraduate programmes in subjects covering the arts, humanities, social sciences, cultural studies, computing, and entrepreneurial business and management, but you won't be confined by the boundaries of your discipline – the beauty of many of our degrees is that they work across various subject areas and themes.
- You'll get to work closely with our pioneering academics – they're not locked away in isolation, they're actively shaping our degrees and they're keen to find out what you think and why.
- You can make use of our extensive free talks and events programme – covering everything from writing in the age of digital publishing to questioning whether you ever really know how you feel, you'll never be far from stimulating subjects or eye-opening inspiration.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
The 2,930 postgraduate students enrolled in the academic year 2014/15 comprise:
Mode of study
- Full Time 66%
- Part Time 34%
- UK 62%
- EU 14%
- Other 24%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Creative arts & design||84||642||726|
|Mass communications & documentation||49||275||324|
|Historical & philosophical studies||37||97||134|
|Subjects allied to medicine||2||115||117|
|Architecture, building & planning||8||32||40|
|Business & administrative studies||1||37||38|
Type of Qualification:
Postgraduate Fees and Funding
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
Bursaries and Scholarships
For new postgraduates starting in 2016 we offer a range of funding opportunities, including:
- Excellence fee waivers – up to 30% off your tuition fee if you've applied for a taught Masters and graduated with a first class honours degree from a British higher education institution.
- Alumni fee waivers – up to 30% off your tuition fee if you've applied for a taught Masters and graduated from Goldsmiths.
- PGCE bursaries and fee waivers – including fee waivers for students from our local boroughs, as well as bursaries for mature students, care leavers, disabled students, and male primary teachers.
- PhD studentships and departmental awards – we also offer a range of PhD studentships, and many departments offer additional funding opportunities to applicants.
- Find out more on our website.