Goldsmiths, University of London
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Goldsmiths, University of London, has an academic legacy stretching back to 1891 – but the university is always looking forward. Full of students and staff who are inventive, imaginative and original, Goldsmiths provides an environment where new ideas flourish, and where traditional ways of doing things are challenged.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
3,455 postgraduate students in 2017–18
Mode of study
- Full Time 66%
- Part Time 34%
- UK 63%
- EU 12%
- Other 25%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Communication & Media Studies||40||360||400|
|Art & Design||25||360||385|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||15||185||200|
|History of Art, Architecture & Design||20||85||105|
|Business & Management Studies||5||35||35|
|Librarianship & Information Management||0||20||20|
|Town & Country Planning and Landscape Design||0||15||15|
|Theology & Religious Studies||5||0||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
Goldsmiths offers a range of scholarships, bursaries and fee waivers to help students fund their studies. Please refer to the university website for details. All are awarded by application and meeting certain eligibility criteria. For 2019 entry, these include:
- Goldsmiths Excellence Fee Waiver: a 30% discount to UK/EU students with a first class undergraduate honours degree from a British university, applying for a taught master's programme.
- Goldsmiths International Response Scholarships: two free places for refugees or asylum seekers (includes accommodation fee waiver, tuition fee waiver and living expenses allocation).
- Goldsmiths Masters Scholarships (30 available): £1,000 for UK/EU students applying to taught master's programmes.
- Some departments also announce subject-specific funding for postgraduate applicants.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- Goldsmiths has around 1,500 rooms available in halls of residence, some located within walking distance of the campus while others are a short commute away.
- Rent includes all utility bills (such as electricity, water and gas), basic possessions insurance and Internet access.
- Private accommodation can also be found, and support is available via the University of London Housing Services. The Students' Union and the University of London also hold flat-sharing events to make it easier for students to meet new friends and find flatmates.