Goldsmiths, University of London
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Goldsmiths' postgraduate programmes champion perspectives that push the boundaries, provoke thought and stretch the imagination. Students will be inspired to develop fresh ideas and new approaches to their discipline through the teaching of renowned academics and their own research. With an exciting events programme and a welcoming academic community, students are bound to find their place at Goldsmiths.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
3,155 postgraduate students in 2016–17
Mode of study
- Full Time 66%
- Part Time 34%
- UK 65%
- EU 13%
- Other 23%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Communication & Media Studies||40||315||355|
|Art & Design||35||300||335|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||20||165||185|
|History of Art, Architecture & Design||20||75||95|
|Business & Management Studies||5||40||40|
|Town & Country Planning and Landscape Design||0||15||15|
|Librarianship & Information Management||0||10||10|
|Theology & Religious Studies||5||0||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
Goldsmiths College offers a range of postgraduate funding opportunities, including:
- Masters scholarships worth £1,000 for Home/EU students.
- Excellence fee waivers of up to 30% off tuition fees, for students applying for a taught Masters having graduated with a first class honours degree from a British higher education institution.
- Alumni fee waivers of up to 30% off tuition fees, for students applying for a taught Masters after graduating from Goldsmiths.
- International scholarships offering a £2,500 fee waiver for selected international students.
- PGCE bursaries and fee waivers, including fee waivers for students from local boroughs, as well as bursaries for mature students, care leavers, disabled students, and male primary teachers.
- PhD studentships and departmental awards are also available.
Please refer to the university website for full details about what is available and how to apply.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- Postgraduates are welcome to apply for a place in university halls of residence. Goldsmiths will send out information about halls after students have applied for a place of study.
- The University of London Student Housing Team can also help students find private rented accommodation; South East London is one of the cheaper areas of London in which to rent.