Goldsmiths, University of London
- Undergraduate Students
- International Students
- Postgraduates are welcome to apply for a place in university halls of residence. Goldsmiths will send out information about halls after students have applied for a place of study.
- The University of London Student Housing Team can also help students find private rented accommodation; South East London is one of the cheaper areas of London in which to rent.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
Bursaries and Scholarships
Goldsmiths College offers a range of postgraduate funding opportunities, including:
- Masters scholarships worth £1,000 for Home/EU students.
- Excellence fee waivers of up to 30% off tuition fees, for students applying for a taught Masters having graduated with a first class honours degree from a British higher education institution.
- Alumni fee waivers of up to 30% off tuition fees, for students applying for a taught Masters after graduating from Goldsmiths.
- International scholarships offering a £2,500 fee waiver for selected international students.
- PGCE bursaries and fee waivers, including fee waivers for students from local boroughs, as well as bursaries for mature students, care leavers, disabled students, and male primary teachers.
- PhD studentships and departmental awards are also available.
Please refer to the university website for full details about what is available and how to apply.
- Goldsmiths is a research-active institution, with many staff undertaking research that has a global reach. Nearly three quarters of research at Goldsmiths was rated world leading or internationally excellent by the most recent Research Excellence Framework. This research informs academics' teaching, and on some degrees it's possible to get involved in these research projects.
- Goldsmiths offers a range of research degrees and is part of 4 prestigious national Doctoral Training Centres and partnerships funded by the UK Research Councils in recognition of its supportive and stimulating research environment.
- Please refer to the university website for further details.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
2,869 postgraduate students in 2015–16:
Mode of study
- Full Time 65%
- Part Time 35%
- UK 64%
- EU 13%
- Other 23%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Creative arts & design||85||640||725|
|Mass communications & documentation||50||275||325|
|Historical & philosophical studies||35||95||135|
|Subjects allied to medicine||5||115||115|
|Architecture, building & planning||10||30||40|
|Business & administrative studies||5||35||40|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.