University of Greenwich
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Pre-Arrival and Welcome Arrangements
- All students are given a warm welcome upon their arrival on campus.
- Students studying pre-sessional English are provided with a meet-and-greet service at Heathrow airport to take them to campus; further details on this service is sent to students individually.
- For students studying a degree programme, once they have made their way to campus the university has a team of student and staff helpers ready to guide and assist.
- A full programme of welcome events is provided for international students in the first week of term.
English Language Requirements
All students need to show a good standard of English to study at the university, with any one of the following required:
- An IELTS certificate taken in the past 2 years showing a score of 6.0 with no section less than 5.5 for the majority of programmes. The university's pre-sessional and foundation programmes ask for an IELTS of 4.5, whilst some professional programmes ask for an IELTS of 6.5 or 7.0.
- A GCSE/IGCSE/O Level Certificate showing a grade of C in English Language, for degree programmes.
- One of a number of other English Language exams, please contact the International Office for full details.
Accommodation for International Students
- All students coming to the university for the first time are guaranteed a place in a hall of residence provided they meet the conditions of the Accommodation Guarantee; these include being a full-time student, being qualified and accepted onto a course and applying for accommodation by the relevant deadlines, and attending for the entire academic session.
- All university managed accommodation is self-catering. Internet access is included in the hall fees.
- International students are able to apply for any of our residences across the 3 campuses. There are a mix of international students living alongside UK-based students in all of the residences.
- Accommodation at the Avery Hill and Medway Campuses is located on campus, a short distance from teaching and leisure spaces. For students living at the Avery Hill campus who study at the Greenwich campus, a free 20-minute shuttle bus runs between the 2 sites throughout the day. At the Greenwich Campus, halls are all located within a 15 minute walk of the university.
- Students moving into halls of residence sign a licence agreement for a set time period and remain in halls until their licence agreement ends. Residents are not required to move out during Christmas or Easter vacations but cannot be guaranteed accommodation for the summer vacation unless their contract already includes this period. Rooms are normally available for students continuing on their courses over the summer vacation period.
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.