- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
The University of Greenwich offers career-focused postgraduate degrees, many accredited by leading professional bodies, while the university's research has earned four Queen’s Anniversary Prizes. A thriving research community addresses some of the world's most challenging issues, including drug development, fire safety and food security.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
4,370 postgraduate students in 2016–17
Mode of study
- Full Time 34%
- Part Time 66%
- UK 68%
- EU 5%
- Other 27%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||45||640||685|
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||35||630||665|
|Accounting & Finance||15||100||115|
|Librarianship & Information Management||0||115||115|
|Town & Country Planning and Landscape Design||0||70||70|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||0||50||50|
|Agriculture & Forestry||25||20||45|
|Art & Design||0||30||30|
|Aural & Oral Sciences||0||30||30|
|Geography & Environmental Science||0||25||25|
|Land & Property Management||0||20||20|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||0||20||20|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||0||20||20|
|Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering||0||10||10|
|Communication & Media Studies||0||5||5|
|East & South Asian Studies||0||5||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The University of Greenwich provides a number of scholarships and bursaries for postgraduates.
- Please refer to the university website for details.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
New students are guaranteed a place in a hall of residence provided they meet certain conditions. They must be a full-time student attending the University of Greenwich for the first time; the university must receive their accommodation application by the relevant deadline; and they must enrol on a full-time course of study for the entire academic session at one of the university's three campuses (Avery Hill, Greenwich or Medway).