Pre-Arrival and Welcome Arrangements

  • A dedicated International student support team offers help and advice on areas such as arranging visas, along with guidance on working in the UK, and further studies.
  • There is a dedicated induction programme, and also a cultural and social programme – including the 'Plant Harper' society.
  • Students have an international student representative.
  • Free English language and study skills support is available. 

English Language Requirements

  • English language requirements are in line with UKVI visa requirements.
  • IELTS: 6.0 overall with a minimum of 5.5 in each component.
  • Other equivalents are accepted for students not requiring a tier 4 visa to study in the UK.

Accommodation for International Students

  • All new international students are guaranteed a place in university-­managed accommodation, usually on 42­-week contracts.
  • Accommodation is located on the campus, with self­-catered and catered options available, all with Internet access.
    Where accommodation on campus is not possible, assistance will be provided to secure off­ campus accommodation.
  • International students are allocated rooms throughout the campus in order that they can interact with UK students and those from other countries.
  • Students may be able to stay in their accommodation during holidays, depending on which hall of residence they occupy. Secure storage is available for possessions.

Tuition Fees

The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.

Type of Course Undergraduate Taught Postgraduate
Classroom - -
Mixed - -
Laboratory £10,200 £12500–17,100
Clinical - -
Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.

What Do International Students Study?