Harper Adams University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Why Study Here?
- Unique specialist institution working in the rural, landbased and food sectors.
- Holds full university status.
- Beautiful rural campus in Shropshire with an onsite commercial working farm.
- Highly rated in the National Student Survey (NSS) and for graduate employment.
What Do International Students Study?
English Language Requirements
- English language requirements are in line with UKBA visa requirements.
- IELTS: 6.0 overall with a minimum of 5.5 in each component.
- Other equivalents are accepted for students not requiring a tier 4 visa to study in the UK.
Fees and Funding
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Harper Adams offers a number of scholarships which are open to international students.
- Applications for scholarships are invited each year and applicants should be able to show both academic potential and the contribution that they will make to the community of staff and students at Harper Adams.
- Further information about scholarships is available on the university website.
Pre-Arrival and Welcome
- Information and support about life on campus, the cost of living in the UK and completing a Tier 4 student visa application is available on our website for all international students prior to arriving on campus.
- All international students are invited to take part in an orientation programme before their courses start, during which students will receive help and advice on registering with a doctor in the UK and opening a bank account in the UK.
- There is also an international pre-arrival handbook download available from our website.
Accommodation for International Students
- All new international students are guaranteed a place in universitymanaged accommodation, usually on 42-week contracts.
- Both self-catered and catered university accommodation is available, all with internet access.
- Accommodation is located on the campus. When this is not possible, assistance will be provided to secure offcampus accommodation.
- International students are allocated rooms throughout the campus in order that they can interact with UK students and those from other countries.
- Students may be able to stay in their accommodation during holidays, depending on which hall of residence they occupy. Secure storage is available for possessions.
- 42-week accommodation costs from £2,763 (for a self-catering shared room) to more than £5,000 (for a fully catered single en-suite room) per year.
Organisations for International Students
- Students' Union clubs include the international student society Planet Harper.