Harper Adams University
- Undergraduate Students
- International Students
- Accommodation is not guaranteed; international and undergraduate students are given first priority, then postgraduate students, should spaces be available.
- The student services assists postgraduate students in finding local accommodation.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Some postgraduate scholarships are available to students with confirmed places.
- Research at Harper Adams University covers every aspect of the agri-food chain, from plough to plate, as well as allied areas such as bio-veterinary science, geography and business.
- Harper is home to the Centre for Integrated Pest Management, informed by the university's UK-leading expertise in entomology, the study of insects; the National Centre for Precision Farming, which leads the headline-grabbing work on agricultural robotics including drones and autonomous agricultural machinery; and the Crops and Environment Research Centre, from which diabetes-friendly barley, waterproofed crops, and natural potato protection trials have been operated.
- Other research themes include renewable resources, food quality and safety, animal behaviour, engineering and food consumer behaviour.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
593 postgraduate students in 2015–16:
Mode of study
- Full Time 19%
- Part Time 81%
- UK 85%
- EU 7%
- Other 8%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Agriculture & related subjects||55||545||600|
|Engineering & technology||0||15||15|
|Business & administrative studies||0||10||10|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.