- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Hartpury University became an Associate Faculty of the University of the West of England (UWE) in 1997. The university is based in the Cotswold hills near Gloucester, and specialises in animal, equine, sport and land-based degrees.
UCAS Code: H22
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Gold is awarded to institutions that consistently deliver outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for their students. Find out more about TEF.
Undergraduate Open Days
Open days allow you to experience the university first hand, and help you decide if it's the right place for you.
Student Services and Facilities
- Students at Hartpury University have an employability rate of 96.1%.
- Students can access advice on future careers, writing a CV, job applications and looking for apprenticeships.
- Higher education students can also contact UWE careers advisors.
- The Students’ Union offers students the chance to get involved in a wide range of activities and events.
- Joining the Student Committee gives students the opportunity to become more involved in campus life and help organise events and activities on campus.
- Popular clubs include Young Farmers, Outdoor Pursuits, Skiing and Snowboarding, and the Equestrian Club.
- All students can join the UWE Students’ Union which allows access to all facilities and services at the Bristol campus.
- Hartpury University was established in 1947 as an agricultural education centre.
- Rapid expansion during the early 1990s saw the first higher education programme in Equine Studies introduced in 1992, followed by the first degree programme in Equine Science in 1994.
- The University became an Associate Faculty of the University of the West of England (UWE) in 1997.
Notable Alumni and Famous Faces
- Charlotte Dujardin OBE – elite dressage rider.
- Rugby union players: Alex Cuthbert, Dan Tuohy, Jason Woodward, Henry Trinder, Dave Lewis, Andries Pretorius, Matt Evans, Callum Black, Jack Forster, Royce Cadman, Tom Savage.
- Footballers: Shane Duff, Lee Molyneaux, Matt Smith.
Hartpury University, Hartpury House, Gloucester, GL19 3BE