- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Hartpury University specialises in animals, agriculture, equine, sport and veterinary nursing degrees and is rated Gold by Teaching Excellence Framework (2018), so students can be confident they will receive high-quality teaching.
Hartpury is home to rider performance, equine and canine therapy centres, advanced sports technology, semi-professional athletes, a commercial farm, a veterinary nursing centre, and over 70 domestic and exotic animal species.
Hartpury University has nine businesses on site and excellent relationships with over 2,000 brands around the world, meaning students have plenty of opportunities to gain valuable work experience.
Class sizes are small, allowing for students to get the support needed to succeed. Hartpury has a hands-on approach to teaching and offers plenty of opportunities to apply theory to practice outside the classroom.
UCAS Code: H22
Student Services and Facilities
The Students’ Union and Innovation, Careers and Enterprise Centre advertise part-time job roles all year round. There are plenty on offer, both on and off campus.
Students can also apply to represent Hartpury at events as a valuable student ambassador. This is flexible work that offers great experience for CVs.
The university’s Innovation, Careers and Enterprise (ICE) team provide advice in several areas. This includes helping students develop a plan to work for a big brand or starting their own enterprise.
Hartpury’s Learning and Disability team provide expert information and advice about specific disabilities and difficulties. They help students prepare for Hartpury life and help advise them on how make the most of everything on offer while at the university.
Other services and facilities
Student support comes from a number of different places – academic and specialist support staff.
Personal tutors and the Achievement and Success Centre are on hand to help all students succeed academically and stay happy and healthy too.
- Hartpury has around 150 student reps each year as part of its Students’ Union. This ensures all students have a voice when it comes to important decisions.
- The Students’ Union helps launch new clubs and societies too. They can help set it up, provide a starting budget, train committee members and offer year-round support.
- Students’ Union officers help new students to settle in. They help to run Freshers’ Week and set up our popular peer-to-Peer mentoring scheme.
- Hartpury began life as an agricultural college in Gloucestershire, with just 50 students compared to almost 4,000 now.
- Hartpury has been investing in facilities since 1990, and hasn’t stopped. Most recently, the university developed new sports and agricultural facilities, as well as accommodation.
- The first international event to be hosted at Hartpury was the 2000 European Young Rider Dressage, Showjumping and Cross-Country Championships. The university now hosts at least three each year.
Notable Alumni and Famous Faces
- Ross Moriarty. Professional rugby player, Wales Rugby and the British and Irish Lions
- Astier Nicolas. Professional event rider, gold and silver medallist at the Rio 2016 Olympics - has also won CCI 5* at Pau
- Charlotte Hodgkins-Byrne. Professional rower, U23 double World Junior Champion
- Jonny May. Professional rugby player, England Rugby
- Sebastian Negri. Professional rugby player, Italy Rugby
- Abdul Majeed Waris. Professional football player, Nantes, French League – played for Ghana in the World Cup
- Amy Murphy. Professional racehorse trainer, trained a winner at the 2019 Grand National meeting
- Abbie Brown. Professional rugby player, Great Britain and England
- Mathilda Hodgkins-Byrne. Professional rower, double U23 World Championship gold medallist
- David Accam. Professional football player, Colombus Crew SC, MLS, America – Hartpury's first Champions League football player
Hartpury gives students opportunities to travel across Gloucestershire, the UK and the world, making the most of work placement and volunteering roles, overseas exchange programmes, integrated sandwich years, conferences and more.
Students can pursue their passion as a subject specialist, choosing modules to suit their interests and career goals.
Hartpury University, Hartpury House, Gloucester, GL19 3BE