- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- Heriot-Watt University offers a superb environment for postgraduate study and research. We have excellent facilities, highly rated teaching and world-leading research activity.
- Studying with us will bring you into contact with leading researchers who are working on some of the most important areas for twenty-first century society.
- As part of our community you will benefit from an environment focused on making a real and lasting contribution to the issues that matter.
- All our degrees are highly regarded for their business and industry relevance and we have an excellent record of preparing students for successful careers.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
The 3,665 postgraduate students enrolled in the academic year 2014/15 comprise:
Mode of study
- Full Time 57%
- Part Time 43%
- UK 46%
- EU 15%
- Other 39%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & administrative studies||80||1169||1249|
|Engineering & technology||290||821||1111|
|Architecture, building & planning||103||231||334|
|Agriculture & related subjects||8||91||99|
|Creative arts & design||18||13||31|
Type of Qualification:
Postgraduate Fees and Funding
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Financial support is available, normally in the form of a fee reduction, usually of approximately 15%.
- These are based largely on academic merit but financial circumstances are also taken into account.
- Students must hold an offer of a place to study at the university before applying for any funding.
Facilities and Support for Postgraduate Students
- Postgraduate students have access to the support services available at our campuses.
- This includes our disability service, careers advisory service and international student advisors.