- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Edinburgh Business School
- Created to meet the unique demands of the international business world, the MBA programmes are studied by ambitious executives from across the globe.
- Edinburgh Business School’s management development programmes are renowned for their flexibility. Students can study independently through online learning; on campus in the UK, Dubai, or Malaysia; with one of the school's learning partners around the world; or through a combination of these routes.
- Students must complete nine courses to complete the MBA: seven covering core content, plus two elective courses chosen from a selection of over 30. Some of these electives are available as taught courses while others can be taken through distance learning. Each course requires approximately 200 hours of study.
- Core courses cover: accounting, economics, finance, marketing, organisational behaviour, project management and strategic planning.
- On campus, 12 months full-time or 24-months part-time.
- Via distance learning there is no minimum or maximum duration.
MBA with Specialism in Marketing
- Students must complete 11 courses in total; the MBA's seven core courses and four specialised elective courses.
- Elective courses include: consumer behaviour, international marketing, marketing channels, marketing communications, marketing insights, negotiation, principles of retailing, quantitative methods, sales force management and services marketing.
MBA with Specialism in Strategic Planning
- A total of 11 courses must be completed; seven core courses and four specialised elective courses.
- Students can specialise in areas such as alliances and partnerships, competitive strategy, corporate governance, leadership, strategic negotiation and strategic risk management.
MBA with Specialism in Finance
- Students will complete seven core MBA courses and four elective courses from a list of seven: corporate governance, credit risk management, derivatives, financial risk management, mergers and acquisitions, practical history of financial markets and quantitative methods.
MBA with Specialism in Human Resource Management
- Students will solidify their understanding of HRM required in today's leading practitioners.
- 11 courses will be completed; seven core MBA courses and four electives.
- Elective courses include: developing effective managers and leaders, employee relations, employee resourcing, human resource development, human resource management, influence, managing people in changing contexts, managing people in global markets, managing personal competencies, negotiation and performance management.
MBA with Specialism in Oil and Gas Management
- Completing the MBA with Oil and Gas Management will equip students with further skills in: finance, project management, strategic negotiation and planning in the oil and gas industry. Students will also cover the seven core MBA courses.
MBA Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for MBA students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Student Origin||MBA (£)|
Edinburgh Business School, Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, EH14 4AS