University of Hertfordshire
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Pre-Arrival and Welcome Arrangements
- The university arranges a free pick up service for students at a pre-arranged pick up point. Where this isn't possible with flight arrangements, taxis can be arranged for onwards transport to the university.
- The university provides orientation, information and training on university systems, and social events to help students settle in.
English Language Requirements
- GCSE English language: grade C or above.
- IGCSE English at grade C or above.
- IELTS: between 6.0 and 7.0 depending on course.
- Pearsons (PTE) IELTS 6.0 or equivalent: minimum score of 54 (no less than 51 in any band).
- Indian Standard XII English Language (65% undergraduate/70% postgraduate).
- UKVI IELTS 4.5 to 6 for Pre-Sessional English Course or English for academic studies.
- TOEFL IELTS 6.0 or equivalent: total score of 72 with band scores of reading 18, writing 17, listening 17, speaking 20.
Accommodation for International Students
The university guarantees accommodation to all new international students that have applied for campus accommodation by the specified deadline, and who already hold an offer of a place at the university.
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018):
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.