University of Hertfordshire
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
The University of Hertfordshire equips postgraduate students with the skills and attributes they need to flourish in their chosen career. It offers over 100 taught, online and specialist courses informed by the latest research – along with first-rate facilities and world-class teaching staff.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
5,660 postgraduate students in 2016–17
Mode of study
- Full Time 29%
- Part Time 71%
- UK 80%
- EU 4%
- Other 15%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||45||610||650|
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||45||415||455|
|Art & Design||10||110||120|
|Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering||5||60||65|
|Accounting & Finance||5||45||45|
|Geography & Environmental Science||5||35||40|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||5||35||35|
|Physics & Astronomy||30||0||30|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||10||20||30|
|Communication & Media Studies||5||20||25|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||5||15||15|
|Town & Country Planning and Landscape Design||0||15||15|
|Agriculture & Forestry||5||0||5|
|Librarianship & Information Management||0||5||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The university offers a 20% fee reduction for University of Hertfordshire graduates who undertake a postgraduate degree.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- The university offers on-campus accommodation to postgraduate students. Students need to apply for accommodation before the relevant deadline and confirm acceptance of a place to study on one of the university's courses by the specified date to guarantee a room on campus.