University of Hertfordshire
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- The University of Hertfordshire has a diverse community of more than 5,600 postgraduate students studying one of more than a hundred taught degrees or undertaking cutting edge research.
- Our courses are shaped by the needs of business and industries, giving you the insight and skills employers are looking for.
- Our aspiration is for graduates who have developed the knowledge, skills and attributes to equip them for life in a complex and rapidly changing world. With our ambitious, business-facing approach and research-rich environment, we are proud to be a new model institution, engaged with business, the community and international partners.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
The 5,660 postgraduate students enrolled in the academic year 2014/15 comprise:
Mode of study
- Full Time 35%
- Part Time 65%
- UK 77%
- EU 3%
- Other 20%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Subjects allied to medicine||110||1556||1666|
|Business & administrative studies||41||883||924|
|Engineering & technology||51||138||189|
|Creative arts & design||17||124||141|
|Historical & philosophical studies||31||0||31|
|Mass communications & documentation||1||15||16|
|Architecture, building & planning||0||14||14|
|Medicine & dentistry||6||2||8|
|Agriculture & related subjects||5||0||5|
- Over 30 subject areas, including art and design, English, history, law, and social work. Visit our website for more information.
- Studying by online distance learning is a flexible way to complete your degree. There is no need to come to campus, making it easier to fit studies around work and other commitments.
- You will learn and work with an international community of students and gain access to expertise and networking opportunities on a global scale.
- All University of Hertfordshire online courses are designed and delivered by us, meaning they meet the same high academic standards as our on-campus qualifications and are fully supported by our own university tutors and staff.
Type of Qualification:
Postgraduate Fees and Funding
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
Facilities and Support for Postgraduate Students
- Our university’s dynamic, up to date and relevant to real world business approach means your postgraduate education will fully equip you with the skills and knowledge you need to succeed in your chosen sector.
- Membership to our Alumni Association also means that our graduates can enjoy a host of great benefits, such as discounted rates to sport, leisure and business services on and off campus as well as support of the Careers and Employment Service for two years after graduation.
- We also ensure that the relationship doesn’t end when your course does. We are still in touch with more than 100,000 alumni all around the world and provide you with a global support network for the rest of your life.
- Over the last 10 years we’ve injected more than £120m into campus developments, including many stunning buildings for teaching, as well as specialist facilities such as our mock law court and our popular student social space, the Forum.
- But we’re not stopping there. We’ve got a bold vision for the future, and so we’re investing tens of millions more in cutting-edge sustainable buildings and equipment, including student accommodation, a new science building and more student social spaces.