Find out which universities are best nationally and in 70 different subjects
Information for Higher and Further Education Providers
The Complete University Guide 10th Anniversary Conference – National league tables: the evolving relationship with the university sector
- A transcript of the conference, together with copies of the presentations will be available soon. In the meantime, read about the background to the conference, see the programme and some of the presentatio notes, or get in touch with Alison Patterson if you'd like to know when more material is available.
League table compilation and inclusion
- Background to the compilation of the league tables and inclusion criteria.
Queries about the league tables
- Protocol for handling queries and corrections to the league tables.
- Universities and colleges ranked in the league tables can obtain award badges.
- As per our Protocol for handling queries and corrections to the league tables, we publish any alterations to the tables in a single batch (unless the error is ours), four weeks after the first publication, at which time the award badges become available.
- Download award badges for your institution's rankings in the 2018 University League and Subject Tables.
Consultations, University Profiles, Seminars and Workshops
- Our consultations with Higher Education providers are now completed online.
- If you wish to know who has been consulted in your institution, please contact Alison Patterson, University Liaison and Research Manager.
- Read about our consultations.
- Background to the university profiles.
- If you wish to make amendments to an existing profile, please get in touch with Alison at the email address above.
- If you are from a FE college and wish to provide a profile, please get in touch with Alison.
Seminars and workshops
- Read about our seminars and workshops.
- Subject table inclusion – Monday 13 February 2017.
- University profile update consultation – Monday 27 February 2017.
If you have any questions, or would like to make suggestions for useful material for this section, please contact us, or for advertising enquiries.
The Reddin Survey of Tuition Fees
- The Complete University Guide compiled a new Reddin Survey of Tuition Fees for 2017–18, which was published in August 2017.
- See the Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–18.
The Complete University Guide Acquired by Hotcourses
On 9 October 2015, The Complete University Guide was acquired by Hotcourses.
- It is business as usual, with Dr Bernard Kingston as Chairman and the current team in place.
- The Guide is an autonomous division of Hotcourses, the international educational listing company, from which, by mutual agreement, it retains its complete editorial independence.
- The team behind TheCompleteUniversityGuide.co.uk has compiled university league tables for almost 20 years. Since 2007, these have been freely available on line, enabling users to tailor the tables for their personal use by choosing the criteria that are directly important to them.
- Read our press release detailing the acquisition of The Complete University Guide by Hotcourses.
- In January 2017, the Hotcourses Group was acquired by IDP Education, a global leader in international student recruitment with HQ in Melbourne. IDP is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and the remaining 50% shares traded on the Australian Stock Exchange.
Mayfield University Consultants
Who we are and what we do
The principal partner in Mayfield is Dr Bernard Kingston who is based in Sheffield, England. Please contact him via email.
The Mayfield team includes current or former senior university administrators, with an expertise unparalleled in the compilation of UK league tables stretching back almost 20 years. They have a professional background in university recruitment and admissions, interpretation of data and statistical modeling, academic planning, careers guidance and international student support.
The Complete University Guide uses tuition fee data compiled by the late Mike Reddin. Read more about Mike Reddin and his National Survey of UK Tuition Fees.