Protocol for handling queries and corrections to the league tables
- CUG has prepared a modus operandi to manage queries and corrections to the league tables after publication.
- Universities are asked to ensure their return is correct and complete, to adhere to deadlines for responses within the HESA preview period before release to us, and also deadline dates in data-checking emails sent by us. If possible, we want all changes notified at the HESA preview stage with contact details for a named individual.
- Universities must liaise with CUG regarding CUG matters and liaise with HESA regarding HESA matters.
- Universities should not be concerned with other universities; only their own data.
- We will allow a window of ten days after publication in which to report alterations. Any changes reported after our ten-day deadline will be rolled over to the next edition. With regard to the 2018 league tables, the deadline is Wednesday 10 May 2017.
- If the error is ours we will endeavour to publish the correction as soon as possible.
- We will publish all other alterations in a single batch four weeks after the first publication and will put a notice on the website stating which tables have been updated and when.
- We will notify affected institutions prior to publishing the corrections by contacting administrators in Communications departments and Planning departments.
- We will publish spreadsheets for the simple Main Table by institution.
If you have any questions about this, please email Alison Patterson, University Liaison and Research Manager.