University of Huddersfield
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Pre-Arrival and Welcome Arrangements
- The university has in-country offices in a number of countries and a wide network of agents who can all provide assistance with the application process and visa advice.
- Students can book a Meet and Greet service from Manchester Airport that will take them directly to their accommodation.
- The International Office provides an extensive Welcome Programme to help students make new friends and orientate themselves in their new home.
English Language Requirements
- Most courses require IELTS 6.0 (or equivalent).
- If students do not meet this standard, the university offers a range of pre-sessional English programmes.
Accommodation for International Students
- The university does not own any student accommodation. DIGS Student, the university’s preferred, recommended and approved accommodation provider specialises in providing high quality, affordable student accommodation.
- Applicants who book accommodation with DIGS are guaranteed a room in halls of residence.
- Huddersfield Students' Union operates a letting agents, HudLets, for alternative accommodation in Huddersfield.
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.