- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
The University of Huddersfield won the first Global Teaching Excellence Award in 2017, awarded by the Higher Education Academy. The GTEA is awarded in recognition of institution-wide approaches to teaching excellence, and for its outstanding educators who provide inspirational teaching.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Gold is awarded to institutions that consistently deliver outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for their students. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
4,600 international students in 2017–18
- The university has in-country offices in a number of nations and a wide network of agents who can all provide assistance with the application process and visa advice.
- Students can book a meet and greet service from Manchester Airport that will take them directly to their accommodation.
- The International Office provides an extensive Welcome Programme to help students make new friends and orientate themselves in their new home.
English Language Requirements
- Most courses require IELTS 6.0 (or equivalent).
- If students do not meet this standard, the university offers a range of pre-sessional English programmes.
Accommodation for International Students
- Storthes Hall Park Student Village and Ashenhurst Student Houses are the university’s preferred, recommended and approved student accommodation, privately owned and operated by DIGS Student. DIGS guarantees to find students a place in student accommodation.
- Huddersfield Students' Union runs HudLets, a free accommodation service for prospective and current students, which provides support and impartial advice about housing options.
- The International Office offer ongoing support to students including immigration advice, cultural adaptation, language development and academic writing. There are also voluntary academic skills workshops available for all international undergraduates.
- The university offer all students a full range of support services; these include careers advice, disability and well-being support, IT and library support.
International Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate (£)||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.