- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Campus and Crime Map
- Storthes Hall Park Student Village and Ashenhurst Student Houses are the university's preferred, recommended and approved student accommodation, privately owned and operated by DIGS Student. DIGS guarantees to find students a place in student accommodation.
- Huddersfield Students' Union runs HudLets, a free accommodation service for prospective and current students, which provides support and impartial advice about housing options.
|Self-Catered||from £70 to £160 per week|
The costs above are for the academic year 2019/20
- Huddersfield is an attractive, cosmopolitan, friendly town with a rich history. The university is based in the town centre, in the heart of the local community. Unlike some large cities in the UK, Huddersfield offers a relatively low cost of living, allowing your pennies to stretch further.
- The lively town centre offers great shopping, nightlife, pubs and bars, restaurants and cafés, theatre, cinemas and sports facilities.
- It is set amid beautiful countryside, including the nearby Peak District National Park. It's a great location for outdoorsy types with loads of options for hiking, running and cycling in the nearby parks and along the restored Huddersfield Narrow Canal. Sitting between Leeds and Manchester, there are also plenty of options to explore further afield.
Nightlife and Culture
- Huddersfield has a varied cultural scene and lively nightlife, including a wide range of bars and nightclubs, coffee shops and restaurants. During the evening students flock to the official Students' Union venues the Zetland and Wasted Space. These multi-space venues host live music and themed events throughout the year. The town is also a thriving centre for craft beer and real ale, with many independent breweries and pubs.
- Over at the Lawrence Batley Theatre students can enjoy everything from comedy shows to opera, while the Town Hall has seen the likes of Jimmy Carr and ABBA walk through its doors.
- The annual Huddersfield Contemporary Music Festival is world-renowned and there are music festivals in the area throughout the year, including Holmfirth Festival of Folk and Marsden Jazz Festival.
- The John Smith's stadium is home to Premier League Huddersfield Town Football club and the Giants Rugby League team.
- Shuttle buses run between the campus and student accommodation at Storthes Hall Park and Ashenhurst Student Houses. Students pay for an annual pass which gives unlimited travel on the shuttle service during university hours.
- Much of the private accommodation used by students is based either in or near to the town centre, within easy walking distance of the campus.
- The transport links to bigger cities make it easy to explore elsewhere on weekends. Connections by train from Huddersfield include direct services to Leeds (20 minutes) and Manchester (30 minutes). By road there are good connections to both the M1 and the M62.