- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
The University of Huddersfield has been recognised as a gold-rated university by the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF). It is the UK's leading university for the receipt of National Teaching Fellowships for the past ten years, and the first and only UK university where 100% of permanent teaching staff are Fellows of the Higher Education Academy, or progressing toward that achievement.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
4,082 postgraduate students in 2017–18
Mode of study
- Full Time 49%
- Part Time 51%
- UK 77%
- EU 4%
- Other 19%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||165||445||610|
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||35||110||150|
|Art & Design||75||45||120|
|Accounting & Finance||0||90||90|
|Librarianship & Information Management||60||20||85|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||15||20||35|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||25||0||25|
|Communication & Media Studies||20||0||20|
|Physics & Astronomy||10||0||10|
|Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering||0||5||5|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||0||5||5|
|Town & Country Planning and Landscape Design||0||5||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Please refer to the university website for up-to-date information.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- Storthes Hall Park Student Village and Ashenhurst Student Houses are the university’s preferred, recommended and approved student accommodation, privately owned and operated by DIGS Student. DIGS guarantees to find students a place in student accommodation.
- Huddersfield Students' Union runs HudLets, a free accommodation service for prospective and current students, which provides support and impartial advice about housing options.