University of Huddersfield
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- Storthes Hall Park Student Village and Ashenhurst Student Houses are privately owned and operated by DIGS Student, the university's preferred, recommended and approved student accommodation provider.
- Applicants who book accommodation with DIGS are guaranteed a room in halls of residence.
- Huddersfield Students' Union runs HudLets, a free dedicated accommodation service for prospective and current students. This provides impartial advice about housing options and offers support and guidance when students are looking for accommodation.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Please refer to the university website for up-to-date information.
Research degrees available reflect the wider areas of research, innovation and collaboration within the university. These include the following broad themes:
- Culture and creative arts.
- Engineering and physical sciences.
- Energy, sustainability and climate change.
- Healthcare, social services and education.
- Security and global uncertainties.
- The digital economy, business and enterprise.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
4,468 postgraduate students in 2015–16:
Mode of study
- Full Time 40%
- Part Time 60%
- UK 78%
- EU 4%
- Other 17%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & administrative studies||145||715||865|
|Subjects allied to medicine||70||675||745|
|Engineering & technology||135||95||235|
|Architecture, building & planning||40||140||180|
|Creative arts & design||110||25||140|
|Historical & philosophical studies||50||20||70|
|Mass communications & documentation||10||0||10|
|Agriculture & related subjects||0||5||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.