University of Hull
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
The average UCAS tariff score of new students entering the University. These tables use the old UCAS tariff.Read more
A guide to how satisfied students are with the quality of teaching they receive.Read more
A measure of the quality of the research undertaken in the University.Read more
A measure of the proportion of staff involved in high-quality research in the University.Read more
A guide to the employability of graduates on completion of their courses at the University.Read more
The average staffing levels at the University.Read more
Academic Services Spend
A guide to how much the University spends on supporting services such as libraries and IT.Read more
A guide to how much the University spends on supporting facilities such as the careers service, health and counselling services and sport facilities.Read more
The percentage of graduates achieving a first or upper second class honours degree – the class of degree achieved can impact a graduate’s employment prospects.Read more
The proportion of students expected to successfully complete their studies and gain a degree from the University.Read more
The University of Hull was originally founded in 1927 and offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees across four academic faculties. It is located on a single leafy 125-acre site on the outskirts of the city centre, where students from more than 100 countries learn together in a traditional setting which embraces modern technology.
- Entry requirements at the University of Hull vary according to which course you apply for.
- For more details about the entry requirements of a specific course, please visit the relevant page on our website.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Silver is awarded to institutions that deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for their students, and consistently exceed "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
- The university’s four academic faculties offer teaching and research across a wide range of disciplines, including health, business, social sciences, the performing arts, education, science and engineering.
- Free elective modules allow students to acquire credit in a subject outside of their degree.
Student Services and Facilities
- The recently renovated Brynmor Jones Library provides students with state-of-the-art facilities right at their fingertips. It features an exhibition hall, art gallery, observatory and a café alongside plenty of study spaces, group learning rooms and a reading room for silent studying.
- A £9.5m project to transform Middleton Hall into a world-class concert hall, music theatre and the region’s most advanced cinema was completed in October 2016.
- Work has begun on a £26m new health campus featuring some of the country’s most advanced medical training facilities including a full mock hospital ward, operating theatre and intensive care facilities – due to open in 2017.
- The university has begun enhancing its sports facilities as part of a £200-million investment into the campus. The development includes an eight-court sports hall, 110-station fitness suite, floodlit pitch and pitchside changing rooms.
- The university is also investing further in technology infrastructure across its campuses, including free high-speed wi-fi and giving students in university residences access to free Keysurf broadband internet access at 10Mbps and KeyView television.
- Please visit the university's website for information on the disability service at the University of Hull.
- All students studying at the university are automatically members of Hull University Union (HUU). HUU is located in a central position on campus and is a great place to meet friends, grab some food and chill out between lectures.
- HUU has two bars, Sanctuary and John McCarthy, as well as an award-winning £3.6m nightclub and live music venue, Asylum.
- On the first floor is HUU’s membership services area. Here you can sign up for sports teams and societies, find part-time work to fit alongside your studies or visit your sabbatical officers.
- The Careers and Employability Service will help you to acquire the skills you need to make you succeed in the workplace after you graduate.
- The team will also help you to find work experience placements as well as internships and work during the summer holidays.
- Unusually, the Careers and Employability offers career-long support to our alumni.
Level of study
- Undergraduate 83%
- Postgraduate 17%
Mode of study
- Full Time 80%
- Part Time 20%
Where students come from
- UK 85%
- EU 4%
- Other 11%
- Male 44%
- Female 56%
- The University of Hull was originally established as University College Hull in 1927, before becoming England’s 14th university upon the grant of a Royal Charter in 1954.
- Research developed at the University of Hull includes the key breakthrough which made LCD screens possible, and the first ever bone density scanner. Both were named among the 100 discoveries at UK universities that changed the world.
- Muhtar Kent – Chairman and CEO of the Coca-Cola Company.
- Marianne Elliott – Tony and Olivier award winning theatre director .
- Rosie Millard – Chair of City of Culture 2017.
- Siobhan Greene – producer of ITV's The X Factor.
- Matt Davies – CEO of Tesco UK.
- Robert Elstone – CEO of Everton FC.
- Kieran Breen – 20th Century Fox President of International Marketing and Chairman of BAFTA.
|Address||The University of Hull