- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
The University of Hull offers a broad range of postgraduate courses, many offering flexibility around work, family or other commitments. Hull has links to organisations ranging from the NHS to renewable firms in the Humber estuary, providing the chance to develop students' professional portfolio. Postgraduate research students get tailored support with Graduate School facilities and a postgraduate training scheme. Students also benefit from a campus which has invested in facilities from accommodation to sport, the arts to ICT.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
2,199 postgraduate students in 2017–18
Mode of study
- Full Time 69%
- Part Time 31%
- UK 74%
- EU 8%
- Other 18%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||45||225||270|
|Accounting & Finance||20||70||90|
|Geography & Environmental Science||25||30||55|
|Anatomy & Physiology||0||20||20|
|Physics & Astronomy||20||0||20|
|Communication & Media Studies||5||10||10|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||5||5||10|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||5||5||5|
|History of Art, Architecture & Design||5||0||5|
|Agriculture & Forestry||5||0||5|
|Theology & Religious Studies||5||0||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Quick Guides to Postgraduate Tuition Fees and Finance
- Find and check tuition fees for specific courses on our Course Chooser.
- Get information about postgraduate loans and other funding available.
Bursaries and Scholarships
The University of Hull offers a range of scholarships and bursaries. The following are a selection; please refer to the university website for full details and eligibility.
- Graduate Studentship: a £1,000 discount on tuition fees for University of Hull graduates progressing to postgraduate taught courses (excluding PGCE and MBA courses).
- Funded PhD opportunities are available through the university's annual research studentship scheme, which invests millions of pounds each year into research degrees, and through several third-party funding organisations.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- New, full-time unaccompanied students who apply by the date specified on the university website are guaranteed a room in accommodation that's owned, in partnership or directed by the university.
- The university has a great range of accommodation from catered or self-catered, off or on campus, providing for a variety of budgets and requirements. Postgraduates can choose to be in the thick of it, or somewhere quiet and out of the way.
- Most residential options for new students include utility bills, Internet charges and contents insurance in the rent. With fast lightstream fibre broadband, the university's partnership houses provide some of the fastest broadband speeds of any student accommodation in the country.