University of Hull
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
The University of Hull offers a broad range of postgraduate courses, many offering flexibility around work, family or other commitments. Students get tailored support with Graduate School facilities, a postgraduate training scheme, and links to organisations ranging from the NHS to renewable firms in the Humber estuary providing the chance to develop students' professional portfolio. They also benefit from a campus which has invested in facilities from accommodation to sport, the arts to ICT.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
2,930 postgraduate students in 2016–17
Mode of study
- Full Time 56%
- Part Time 44%
- UK 68%
- EU 8%
- Other 24%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||75||200||275|
|Accounting & Finance||25||70||95|
|Geography & Environmental Science||30||15||45|
|Anatomy & Physiology||0||30||30|
|Physics & Astronomy||30||0||30|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||10||10||20|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||5||5||10|
|Communication & Media Studies||5||5||5|
|Theology & Religious Studies||5||0||5|
|Librarianship & Information Management||0||5||5|
|History of Art, Architecture & Design||5||0||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and ScholarshipsThe University of Hull offers a range of scholarships and bursaries; please refer to the university website for full details and eligibility. A selection are as follows:
- Graduate Studentship: a £1,000 discount on tuition fees for University of Hull graduates on postgraduate taught courses (excluding PGCE and MBA courses).
- Funded PhD opportunities are available through the annual university research studentship scheme, and through several third-party funding organisations.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- All unaccompanied new students are guaranteed a room in university-owned, managed or directed accommodation, as long as they apply by the specified deadline in autumn.
- The university has a great range of accommodation, from off campus or on-campus, catered or self-catered, covering a variety of budgets and requirements. Postgraduates can choose to be in the thick of it, or somewhere quiet and out of the way.
- Most residential options for new students include utility bills, Internet charges and contents insurance in the rent. All university-owned accommodation includes 50Mbps Wi-Fi, and students can connect up to seven devices at once.