Imperial College London
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Why Study Here?
- One of the most exciting aspects of study at Imperial is that from your first day you will be exposed to and taught by academics who are leaders in their fields. Regular teaching and research quality reviews ensure that these methods remain the best.
- Imperial courses have a strong emphasis on the application of science, engineering and medicine to real world challenges, meaning that courses include a high amount of practical work.
What Do International Students Study?
English Language Requirements
- GCSE: grade B in English Language.
- IELTS: an overall score of 6.5 (minimum 6.0 in all elements).
- TOEFL Internet-Based Test: an overall score of 92 (minimum 20 in all elements).
Fees and Funding
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Please visit our website for information about scholarships and bursaries for international students at Imperial.
Pre-Arrival and Welcome
- There is a large international welcome event on the Sunday before term begins. You will be officially welcomed by key college staff members and have the opportunity to visit stalls from Imperial departments, the College Health and Dental Centres and local businesses. This event also offers a great opportunity to mix with other students who have recently arrived in the UK.
- In the week prior to term, we offer a number of workshops for international students on immigration, financial issues and life in London.
- Departments also offer their own orientation programmes.
Accommodation for International Students
- All first year undergraduate students who accept Imperial as their firm choice are guaranteed a place in college accommodation.
- Self-catering halls of residence range from approximately £92 to £262 per person per week depending on the type of accommodation, e.g. twin rooms to single rooms with private bathrooms.
- Prices are inclusive of all utilities, high-speed internet and contents insurance.