Imperial College London
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Imperial College London is one of the UK's most international universities. Its staff and students come from more than 125 countries and its research collaborations span the globe.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Gold is awarded to institutions that consistently deliver outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for their students. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
8,825 international students in 2017–18
- There is a large international welcome event on the Sunday before term begins. Students will be officially welcomed by key college staff members and have the opportunity to visit stalls from Imperial departments, the College Health and Dental Centres and local businesses. This event also offers a great opportunity to mix with other students who have recently arrived in the UK.
- Departments also offer their own orientation programmes.
English Language Requirements
The standard English language requirements are shown below. Certain courses have higher requirements; please refer to the university website for details.
- IELTS: an overall score of 6.5 (minimum 6.0 in all elements).
- Pearson Academic (PTE): an overall score of 62 (minimum 56 in all elements).
- TOEFL Internet-Based Test: an overall score of 92 (minimum 20 in all elements).
Accommodation for International Students
- All first year undergraduate students who accept Imperial as their firm choice are guaranteed a place in college accommodation.
- Self-catering halls of residence range from approximately £102–281 per person per week depending on the type of accommodation, e.g. twin rooms to single rooms with private bathrooms.
- Prices are inclusive of all utilities, high-speed Internet and contents insurance.
- The International Student Support office organises activities throughout the year. They also provide a variety of support and advice to students.