Imperial College London
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Pre-Arrival and Welcome Arrangements
- There is a large international welcome event on the Sunday before term begins. Students will be officially welcomed by key college staff members and have the opportunity to visit stalls from Imperial departments, the College Health and Dental Centres and local businesses. This event also offers a great opportunity to mix with other students who have recently arrived in the UK.
- In the week prior to term, the university offers a number of workshops for international students on immigration, financial issues and life in London.
- Departments also offer their own orientation programmes.
English Language Requirements
- GCSE: grade B in English Language.
- IELTS: an overall score of 6.5 (minimum 6.0 in all elements).
- Pearson Academic (PTE): an overall score of 62 (minimum 56 in all elements).
- TOEFL Internet-Based Test: an overall score of 92 (minimum 20 in all elements).
Accommodation for International Students
- All first year undergraduate students who accept Imperial as their firm choice are guaranteed a place in college accommodation.
- Self-catering halls of residence range from approximately £92 to £262 per person per week depending on the type of accommodation, e.g. twin rooms to single rooms with private bathrooms.
- Prices are inclusive of all utilities, high-speed Internet and contents insurance.
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.