Imperial College London
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Campus and Crime Map
- All first year undergraduate students who accept Imperial as their firm choice are guaranteed a place in college accommodation provided they are eligible, and complete their application by the deadline.
- Self-catering halls of residence offer a range of accommodation from twin rooms to single rooms with private bathrooms.
- Prices are inclusive of all utilities, high-speed Internet and contents insurance.
|Self-Catered||from £102 to £281 per week|
The costs above are for the academic year 2018/19
- Parks or pubs, theatres or cinemas, shopping or sightseeing, museums or art galleries, dancing non-stop throughout the weekend or eating every cuisine under the sun: London has it, and in abundance.
- The city does however have a fairly hefty bill for the above, and for travel. Students need to be careful with their money and seek out a bargain, then they can make life in the nation's capital work, despite the temptation to spend.
- Whatever bargains can be found, accommodation is the main expense for students. Rents away from the smart areas of the city centre are slightly less astronomical.
Nightlife and Culture
- London is full of pubs, with some dating back to the 16th and 17th century – a reminder of a tradition regarded as quintessentially British. Meanwhile the clubbing scene is constantly changing to reflect the latest trends, with warehouse venues, private members clubs, weekend festivals and pop-up parties just some of the options.
- With over 300 languages spoken across the city, London is one of the most culturally diverse locations in the world. It features some of the world's greatest museums and art galleries, with three right on Imperial's doorstep (the V&A, the Natural History Museum and the Science Museum).
- London's cultural diversity comes alive in its huge choice of eateries. In a city where street food from around the world thrives, enjoying new food experiences doesn't necessarily mean blowing the budget. From well-known chains to supper clubs, street vendors and pop-up restaurants, it's easy to be adventurous.
- The city is also home to a lots of sporting activities and venues, from Wimbledon to Wembley, cricket at the Oval to rugby at Twickenham. London is also home to a number of Premier League football clubs.
- London is well-served by an extensive bus, railway and underground network – although often bemoaned, London's public transport system is one of the best in the world.
- In many areas the roads are very busy, making cycling a hazardous occupation.
- London has a number of airports nearby including Gatwick and Heathrow, both which serve a number of international destinations.