University of Cape Town
- QS World University Ranking (2017–18) 191
- THE World University Ranking (2017–18) 120
Student Services and Facilities
- UCT offers consultative and counselling support to students and staff with a wide range of disabilities, as well as advice on academic adjustments and accommodation.
- A wheelchair guide map of the campuses is available, while other disability services include text conversion and assistive technology, including text conversion into Braille, electronic format and voice recording; technical assistance; parking for disabled students and staff; SASL interpreters and note takers; and the facilitation of exam accommodations for disabled students.
- UCT’s Student Representative Council is the highest decision-making structure of student governance.
- The council represents all students at UCT, and their overall interest and social well-being, on university committees. It is actively involved in policy making and co-operative decision making on campus.
- The oldest teaching university in South Africa, the University of Cape Town (UCT) was founded in 1829 as the South African College, a high school for boys.
- UCT was formally established as a university in 1918, and ten years later moved to its magnificent Groote Schuur campus on the slopes of Devil's Peak (on the former estate of Cecil Rhodes who donated the land to UCT).
- The university earned itself the nickname 'Moscow on the Hill', for its sustained opposition to apartheid, particularly in higher education. Today, UCT is implementing an action guide on transformation as it strives to redress past injustices and promote equal opportunity for all.
University of Cape Town, Private Bag X3, Rondebosch, 7701, South Africa