- QS World University Ranking (2017–18) 40
- THE World University Ranking (2017–18) 201-250
- For Medical Undergraduate programmes, international applicants need to provide a diploma of final education or graduation certificate, or the equivalent; a certified copy of TOEFL (IBT) score 90 or above, or IELTS (Academic) score 6.5 or above (only for the students from non-English speaking countries).
- For the Master’s programmes (EMA) in Finance, prospective students should have the equivalent of a four-year Bachelor’s or higher degree programme from an accredited college or university; a TOEFL score of 550, or 90 for the IBT (required only for students from non-English speaking countries).
- For Doctoral programmes in International Politics, students require a master’s degree and two letters recommendation.
- Read more about international student applications at Fudan University online: http://www.fudan.edu.cn/englishnew/about/liuban.html.
- Fudan has designed a wide range of courses for international students, such as Chinese literature, Chinese history, Chinese economy, Chinese philosophy and Chinese law. These courses introduce students to the basics of Chinese social economy, history and culture.
- In addition, several graduate programme are offered in English (Master of Business Administration, Master of Public Health), as well as other programmes offered in conjunction with partner universities abroad.
- The university's programmes in medicine, leading to the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), are also available to international students.
Student Services and Facilities
- Fudan University Library was formally established in 1922, and comprises the Liberal Arts Library, the Science Library, and the Medical Library and its collection of more than 4.4588 million copies and articles, including books, journals, bound volumes of newspapers, and audio-visual recordings.
- The library provides international online information retrieval, various types of e-resources, interlibrary loans, and document delivery service.
- There are four categories of student associations: Academic Societies, Practical Societies, Artistic Societies, and Physical Culture Societies.
- Fudan has 27,906 full-time degree candidates.
- A further 18,664 are studying at the schools of Continuing Education and Online Education.
- There are currently 2,800 long-term international students. The University enrols some 1,700 short-term international students each year.
- Since the 1950s, Fudan University has welcomed more than 10,000 international students from 100 countries and regions worldwide.
- The university was established in 1905 as Fudan College.
- The two Chinese characters Fu (复) and Dan (旦), literally meaning "[heavenly light shines] day after day", were chosen by the distinguished educator in modern Chinese history, Father Ma Xiangbo S.J., from the Confucian Classics.
- Yu Youren, politician of the People's Republic of China (PRC).
- Zhang Zhirang, Federal Judge of PRC.
- Li Lanqing, former vice prime minister of PRC.
220 Handan Road