Peking University, China
- QS World University Ranking (2017–18) 38
- THE World University Ranking (2017–18) 27
- International students with a high school certificate may apply for undergraduate studies at PKU.
- International students applying to the Guanghua School of Management must hold a strong bachelor degree, relevant work experience and a competitive GMAT or GRE score.
- International students with a master’s degree are eligible to apply for a PhD programme at PKU.
- After submitting the required application materials, international applicants will also need to take the entrance examination, normally held in late March.
- The tests include Chinese, English and mathematics. Find more information about the application procedures on the university's website.
- PKU provides a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate degree courses across 24 academic schools from nature and science to humanities and social sciences, for example, Electronics Engineering and Computer Science, Environmental Sciences and Engineering, Foreign Languages, Chinese Language and Literature, and Journalism and Communication.
Student Services and Facilities
- Founded in 1902, PKU’s library is one of the earliest modern libraries in China. It has a collection of eight million items including 1.5 million items of ancient Chinese materials.
Support for International Students
- Peking University has a dedicated International Relations department to support overseas students before and after arrival at the university. Our staff can provide help with issues such as applying for visas, medical insurance, scholarships, accommodation, and student exchanges.
- All MBA students are invited to attend a pre-course prior to the start of the semester. The course provides refresher and introductory courses in a number of subjects such as statistics, accounting, microeconomics, presentation skills, PowerPoint, Excel and the Chinese language to prepare new students for the semester ahead.
- During the first week of enrolment the school provides an orientation programme to ease overseas students into their new life at Peking University. There are opportunities for team building and social activities to enable students to make new friends and build a support network.
- During your time here you will also have the support of the Guanghua International Students Association (GISA) who regularly organise student events to bring together overseas and home Chinese students.
Health Care and Insurance
- All international students must have medical insurance for the entire period of study at PKU.
- On registration, students must purchase the Comprehensive Insurance Plan for Foreign Students provided by Ping An insurance company, recognized and recommended by the Chinese Ministry of Education.
- The Health Centre, PKU's Campus Hospital and the Third Hospital, provide student health services.
- A total of 29,584 students of which 14,465 are undergraduate students, 10,031 are postgraduates and 5,088 are doctoral students.
- Around 2,000 international students enrol each year at Peking University.
- The 2013 MBA class comprised students from around the world: North America 15%; Europe 12%; Taiwan & Hong Kong 13%; Other Asia 58%, Oceania 2%.
- Students had professional backgrounds in: telecoms, IT & new media 19%; consumer products 13%; finance & investment 29%; industrial manufacturing 13%; consulting 10%; education 4%; resources & energy 8%; other 4%.
- The students' academic backgrounds covered: engineering 21%; business & management 42%; computer science 4%; finance & economics 25%; liberal arts & other 8%.
- Their average age is 30, with an average of five years' work experience. The male:female ratio was 79:21.
- Founded in 1898 as the Imperial University of China and renamed in 1912, Peking University (PKU) maintains a high intellectual reputation in Asia and around the world.
- Founded upon the rich cultural history and academic heritage of Peking University, Guanghua School of Management strives to 'create the modern global management thinker' and cultivate business leaders driven to promote social progress, offering a full array of degree programmes including undergraduate, graduate MBA and EMBA.
- The school has undergone continuous efforts in leading the process of internationalization for business education in its teaching curriculum, high-level academic research, and student exchange opportunities. By maintaining close ties with over 100 world-renowned partner institutions abroad, the Guanghua School of Management has successfully accelerated its pace of internationalization alongside China’s sustained economic growth, achieving a global standard of business education.
5 Yiheyuan Road