Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
- QS World University Ranking (2016–17) 61
- THE World University Ranking (2016–17) 301-350
International students will need to meet the following requirements to apply to SJTU:
- High school graduation certificate (with transcripts) required for undergraduate studies at SJTU.
- Bachelor’s degree required for a master’s programme at SJTU.
- For non-Chinese applicants, the HSK Certificate as proof of Chinese language proficency. (SOAS, University of London, is an official HSK test centre in the UK.)
- Programmes in English for undergraduate and graduate degrees.
- 74.1% of faculty teaching staff have PhD and/or higher professional qualifications.
- SJTU offers a wide range of study programmes, with faculties in medicine, engineering, science, business and economics, dentistry, education, engineering, law, science, social sciences and arts and humanities.
Student Services and Facilities
- The SJTU Library system has come a long way since the construction of the first university library building in 1919. Later additions include the Pao Sui-Loong Library on the Xuhui campus (October 1985), the Pao Yue-Kong Library on the Minhang campus (October 1992), and the Main Library on the Minhang campus (September 2008).
- The School of Agriculture Library on the Qibao campus became a member of SJTU Library system in September 1999, as did the School of Medicine Library on the Luwan campus, in June 2005.
- Three museums were founded in the 1990s: the Museum of Shanghai Jiao Tong University’s History, the Digital Ship Museum of SJTU, and C.Y. Tung Maritime Museum.
- There are five eateries at Minhang Campus. Time Café serves pizza, coffee and various western-style set meals, and has wireless internet access.
Support for International Students
- International Student Services helps students to apply for accommodation, residence permit visa and the Chinese Language Test (HSK).
- Chinese language study.
- International Student Council.
- Find out more on the International Student Services website at http://en.sjtu.edu.cn/about-sjtu/international-student-services/.
- There are 168 student associations covering politics and economics, volunteer and charity, academics and science, culture and art, and sports and fitness.
Student numbers (undergraduate and postgraduate students) for 2012–13:
- Undergraduates 16,116.
- Postgraduate students 18,517.
- 4.9% international students (at all levels).
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU) was founded in 1896 as Nanyang Public School and renamed as SJTU in the 1950s.
- SJTU is one of the oldest and most prestigious universities in China.
|Address||Shanghai Jiao Tong University
655 Panyu Road