University of Hong Kong
- QS World University Ranking (2017–18) 26
- THE World University Ranking (2017–18) 40
Student Services and Facilities
- Academic studies – special examination arrangement, volunteer note-taking service, custom-delivered learning support for students with dyslexia.
- Learning aids/equipment – on-loan study aids or equipment, provision of funding to procure learning aids/equipment/services, resources room for visually-impaired students in the library.
- Information services – orienteering, introduction programme for new students.
- Other support services – volunteer/buddy programme, employment preparation, support for application for university housing.
- Counselling service.
- The Hong Kong University Students’ Union (HKUSU) was founded in 1912.
- It aims to promote the welfare of the student body, to act as a bridge between the student body and the University authority, to identify the student body with social issues, to represent the student body both locally and internationally.
- There are 125 student societies affiliated to HKUSU. A full list is available at www.hkusu.org/suborganization.htm.
- The University of Hong Kong (or HKU, as it is familiarly known to students, staff and alumni) is the oldest tertiary education institution in Hong Kong.
Notable Alumni and Famous Faces
- Dr. Sun Yat-Sen (graduate of the Hong Kong College of Medicine for Chinese, predecessor of HKU’s Faculty of Medicine) – first Provisional President of the Republic of China.
University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong