- QS World University Ranking (2017–18) 348
- THE World University Ranking (2017–18) 501-600
- Hiroshima University was founded in 1949 under the National School Establishment law when Japan reformed its education system.
- In general, one national university was established in each prefecture, and the new Hiroshima University brought together the pre-war higher educational institutions in Hiroshima Prefecture.
- The university’s faculties were located across Hiroshima Prefecture, but by 1995 nine faculties had moved to the new campus in Hiroshima City.
- Today the university is a cluster of education and research facilities, with eleven faculties, twelve graduate schools, a research institute, a university hospital and eleven affiliated schools.
Hiroshima University, Hiroshima, Naka Ward, Higashisendamachi, Japan