- Generally, with tuition costs included, students should budget £9,900 (JPY ¥1,500,000) per year.
- Average yearly housing costs are £2,376.
- Average yearly study expenses are £792.
- Average yearly food bills are £2,380.
Bursaries and Scholarships
Exemption from tuition
- Students at Hokkaido University who find themselves in financial difficulty may apply for a reduction in tuition fees (from 25% to 100%), if they have, and maintain, an excellent academic record.
- Several scholarship schemes are offered, supported by the Japanese Government and private organisations.
- Please refer to the International Student Centre pages on the university website for information.