International University of Japan
Graduate School of International Management
Our Mission and Values
- The IUJ MBA was started in 1988 as the first US-style business school in Japan, offering all courses in English.
- Focusing on 'Leveraging Emerging Asia for Global Advantage', the IUJ MBA delivers the knowledge, skills and mindset required to gain a competitive advantage in the world's fastest-growing economies.
From our vantage point in the heart of Asia,we offer a unique perspective of the world in a lively global setting.
- At the International University of Japan, our culturally diverse campus, coupled with our location and our insight into Asia, will enrich your educational experience.
- After completion of the program at IUJ, graduates have not only an MBA, but a unique global perspective, real-world international management experience, and a powerful business network in Japan and in the 80 other countries worldwide where IUJ alumni are government and business leaders. This is the IUJ advantage.
- The IUJ MBA focuses on "Leveraging Emerging Asia for Global Advantage". It delivers the knowledge, skills and mindset required to gain a competitive advantage in the world’s fastest-growing economies. The programme is designed to give students a wide range of experience and knowledge suitable for their future careers. There are 1-Year Track and 2-Year Track in the MBA programme and they have been designed to offer the highest levels of business management skills within the most appropriate timeframe.
- The 2-Year MBA provides both integrative management capabilities and is combined with a specialised area focus. It has been especially designed for those looking to fast track or change their careers while also gaining stronger language skills.
- The 1-Year MBA is focused exclusively on developing integrative management skills for tomorrow’s regional and global business leaders. It is for those with at least five years of work experience with their sponsoring company, and who will return to help their company further globalise.
- Students in the 2-Year Track start the MBA programme by tackling the essentials of management and running a company with an emphasis on global leadership and the Asian market through taking core required courses. From the spring term of their first year, they specialise in their chosen career area by taking elective courses.
- In their second year, they have plenty of flexibility to concentrate on the areas of their interest. They can choose career-enhancing concentration areas from Finance, IT/OM (Operations Management), General Management, and Marketing, if so desired. Japanese language courses offered by our dedicated faculty are highly recommended as a career tool.
- Students in the 1-Year Track join a number of common core courses with our 2-Year Track students, and quickly move into electives that focus on building integrative, general management skills. The 1-Year MBA also requires a series of intensive summer Capstone courses to provide practical, integrative management experiences to all participating students.
- MBA Programme both 1-Year Track and 2-Year Track use case studies, including those in an Asian context. Within the core courses, group work is emphasised. Each group is comprised of people from diverse cultures to encourage cross-border communication skills, and global team leadership skills.
- 12–22 months.
Number of places
- 150 places.
International fees and funding 2013–14
- 2-Year MBA, international student fees 1,900,000 yen (£12,187) per year.
- 1-Year MBA, international student fees 2,900,000 yen (£18,600) per year.
- Several scholarships are available through IUJ for highly qualified non-sponsored students. IUJ selects scholarship candidates from the pool of successful applicants. For a complete list of available scholarships, please visit IUJ online.
- For more information see hppt://gsim.iuj.ac.jp/
International MBA rankings
- The Economist MBA Rankings 2012 ranks the Graduate School of International Management 79th in the world; 9th in Asia & Australasia.
Quick Guides to MBA Tuition Fees and Finance
- Find and check tuition fees for specific courses on our Course Chooser.
- Get information about postgraduate loans and other funding available.
Graduate School of International Management, International University of Japan, 777 Kokusai-cho, Minami Uonuma-shi, Niigata 979-7277, Japan