- QS World University Ranking (2017–18) 219
- Keio University (Keio) was founded in 1858 in the Edo period by Yukichi Fukuzawa, enlightenment writer and forerunner of Japan’s awakening from centuries of isolation to the modern era.
- In the post-industrial era, Keio continues to uphold the pioneer spirit of its founder in his pursuit of peace, prosperity and progress.
- In 1898, Keio became a comprehensive educational institution with university, secondary and primary schools.
- Today, the total number of students amounts to 33,584 and 1,072 of them are from overseas.
Keio University, 2-15-45 Mita, Minato-ku, Tokyo 108-8345, Japan