- Kyushu University (known as Kyudai) was built in 1903 as Fukuoka Medical College and was attached to Kyoto Imperial University.
- The college was established as a separate entity in 1911 as Kyushu Imperial University and was renamed Kyushu University after World War II.
- Today, Kyudai has in the region of 18,765 students with 2,185 faculty members. The university has developed a strong international exchange programme and welcomes over 1,700 international students from some 80 countries each year.
Kyushu University, 6-10-1 Hakozaki, Higashi Ward, Fukuoka, Fukuoka Prefecture 812-8581, Japan