- QS World University Ranking (2017–18) 212
- THE World University Ranking (2017–18) 601-800
Student Services and Facilities
- Students must submit an application form and other required documentation.
- International students are limited to 28 hours of work per week, and 8 hours a day during summer or winter holidays.
- Part-time work is not permitted during leaves of absence from the university.
- Waseda University Disabled Student Services Office provides services to students with special needs.
- The International Community Centre aims to incorporate the many international students into mainstream university life as much as possible.
- Around 700 university-recognised clubs and societies (over 3,000 including those not officially recognised by the university).
- Waseda University is a private university, located in Shinjuku, Tokyo, Japan.
- It was founded in 1882 by Shigenobu Okuma, later the Prime Minister of Japan, with the aim of cultivating contemporary Japanese leaders.
- Learning was based on the three pillars of the old Japanese system of higher education: independence of learning, utilisation of knowledge, and the creation of good citizenship.
- Over the years it has stayed true to these founding principles and has grown into a comprehensive university with 9 campuses, 13 undergraduate schools, 24 graduate schools, multiple centres, institutes, and affiliated institutions.
1-104 Totsukamachi, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, 169-8050, JAPAN