Seoul National University, Korea
- Undergraduate Students
- QS World University Ranking (2018–19) 36
- THE World University Ranking (2018–19) 63
- The origin of Seoul National University (SNU) dates back to the late nineteenth century when Korean Emperor Gojong established modern higher education institutions which later became part of SNU.
- Today SNU is known as the foremost national university in South Korea, comprising sixteen colleges and six professional schools with a student body of about 30,000.
Notable Alumni and Famous Faces
- 38% of CEO’s of top 100 Korean companies and an incredible 88% of judges in high court and Supreme Court were SNU alumni.
- Close to 60% of government ministers and about half of the members of National Assembly were also part of SNU alumni in 2007.
- Ban Ki-Moon, current Secretary-General of United Nations.
- Kim Young-sam, seventh President of South Korea (1993-1998).
- Jong-wook Lee, former WHO Director-General.
1 Gwanak-ro , Gwanak-gu, Seoul, Korea