National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan
- Undergraduate Students
Student Services and Facilities
- Since 1994, the Service for Students with Disabilities Office has been providing supports to students with visual impairment, hearing impairment, physical disabilities, multiple disabilities, etc.
- In addition to the FSA and TFAA, there are over 150 student clubs run by students at NTHU, providing opportunities for students to develop intellectual, social and leadership skills.
- The recent focus on the international volunteer campaign provides students with opportunities to interact with worldly renowned NGOs and embrace the world with humanitarian spirits.
- Founded in 1911 as Tsinghua Academy in Beijing, the university was renamed National Tsing Hua University (NTHU) in 1928 and in 1956 was reinstalled on its current campus in Hsinchu, Taiwan.
- Since its reinstallation, NTHU has developed from an institute focusing on Nuclear Science and Technology to a comprehensive research university offering degree programs ranging from bachelor to doctorate degrees.
Notable Alumni and Famous Faces
- NTHU is widely recognised as the best incubator for future leaders in industries as well as academics. Outstanding alumni include Nobel laureate in chemistry Dr. Yuan-Tseh Lee, and Harvard University Computer Science and Electrical Engineering professor Dr. H. T. Kung.
- Currently there are 27 NTHU alumni elected as academicians of Academia Sinica, 571 NTHU alumni acting as senior management executives, 10 NTHU alumni acting as Presidents or Vice-Presidents of notable universities, and 1,723 NTHU alumni teaching at notable universities worldwide.
101 Section 2, Guāngfù Road, Dong District, Hsinchu City, Taiwan 30013