Studying in Chile
Universities in Chile
Why study in Chile?
- Chile is located on the south west coast of South America and has approximately 17 million inhabitants.
- It is one of South America's most prosperous and stable countries.
- Santiago is the capital city and it enjoys a Mediterranean climate due to its central location.
- Spanish is the official language of Chile
- Chile has a varied geography and climactic diversity, making it a popular tourist destination.
Costs of living
Typical prices (GBP, April 2015) are:
- Apartment £252 - £289 per month
- Meal, inexpensive restaurant £3.82
- Meal at McDonalds £3.82
- Domestic beer (0.5 litre draught) £1.31
- Imported beer (0.33 litre bottle) £1.80
- Cappuccino £1.49
- Coke/Pepsi (0.33 litre bottle) £0.76
- Water (0.33 litre bottle) £0.62
- Loaf of bread £0.72
- Cigarettes £2.89
- One-way ticket local transport £0.71
- Cinema ticket £4.37