Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
- Undergraduate Students
Student Services and Facilities
- International students are not allowed to work while studying in Mexico.
- In October 2000, UNAM launched a transport programme to meet the needs of disabled members of the university.
- A shuttle bus specifically for those with reduced mobility runs daily during the week.
- Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM) is a public research university in Mexico City – the largest Latin America, and the oldest in the continent.
- Founded in its modern form in 1910 as a liberal alternative to its preceding institution the Royal and Pontifical University of Mexico which was founded in 1551.
- Its main campus is a World Heritage site that was designed by some of Mexico’s best-known architects of the 20th century.
Notable Alumni and Famous Faces
- Alfonso García Robles (diplomat and politician, Nobel Peace Prize, 1982).
- Octavio Paz (poet, diplomat, and writer, Nobel Literature Prize, 1990).
- Mario Molina (chemist, discovered the ozone hole, Nobel Chemistry Prize, 1995).
Av Universidad 3000,, Ciudad Universitaria,, 04510 Ciudad de México,, Distrito Federal,, Mexico