- Undergraduate Students
Student Accommodation at Aalto University
- HOAS (the Foundation for Student Housing in the Helsinki Region) student accommodation can be applied for by anyone undertaking full-time studies in a higher educational institution or university.
- HOAS provides different types of housing units ranging from dormitory-style shared apartments to family apartments and studios.
- All Aalto degree students may apply for residence in one of Aalto University Student Union's (AYY's) own 2,500 apartments in Espoo and Helsinki.
- They are all well situated with good transport connections to the centre and the university.
- Rent for the apartments is well below the market prices.
- Rental costs for private accommodation is high (approximately €600 per month for a studio apartment in Helsinki) and there is high demand for housing in the region – peak demand is at the beginning of the academic year.