University of Turku
- QS World University Ranking (2017–18) 234
- THE World University Ranking (2017–18) 301-350
- The University of Turku was established in 1920. It has been state-funded since the 1970s.
- Turku has a long history of academia and was the site of Finland's first university, the Royal Academy of Turku, which was established in 1640 by Queen Christina of Sweden. Finland became independent in 1917 and when the University was established, after a fund-raising campaign, it was Finland's first Finnish university.
- Despite its distinguished history steeped in tradition it is a modern and international research university. Over three hundred courses and many master's degree programmes are taught in English.
20014 University of Turku, Finland