- Undergraduate Students
- QS World University Ranking (2018–19) 65
- In 1794 the École Centrale des Travaux Publics was founded, which took the name École Polytechnique a year later.
- In 1970 the École became a public establishment overseen by the Ministry of Defence.
- In 1972 women were admitted to the famously competitive entrance exam and in 1995 École opened its doors to international students.
- It is renowned for only admitting top students. Over the years many École graduates have had distinguished careers in science, industry, politics and economics.
École Polytechnique, Route de Saclay, 91120 Palaiseau, France