- Undergraduate Students
- As Göttingen is a typical student town, the cost of accommodation is comparatively low. To cover the cost of living in Göttingen, you currently need at least £500 to £595 a month (€600–700).
- This figure covers accommodation, food, health insurance, books, etc.
- In addition, the Göttingen Student’s Association, called 'Studentenwerk', provides a good and affordable basic infrastructure with numerous dormitories, cafeterias and dining facilities.
- Many of the cultural and sports facilities, and public transportation authorities offer student discounts.
- The International Office in collaboration with Studentenwerk, helps students seeking accommodation.
- Many international students live in student residence halls. These are single or shared apartments with individual rooms. There are also apartments available for couples and families with children.
- In addition, the university will help students find privately-owned accommodation, for example as sub-tenants to students from Göttingen who go abroad for one or two semesters themselves.