- Undergraduate Students
- Universität Stuttgart (or the University of Stuttgart) was founded in 1829, at the start of the industrial age in Europe, with the mission statement “Science for people and people for science”.
- The founding concept of a course of studies which gives students a general education in addition to technical expert knowledge remains valid today.
- Distinguished scholars in the Arts and Sciences flocked to the new institution. Electrical engineering was introduced as a new subject in 1882.
- In July 1944 almost all of the university buildings were destroyed by air raids.
- It is a research-based university with a predominant engineering and natural sciences orientation. The university offers also a wide range of study programmes in the humanities, in social sciences and in economics.
Stuttgart University, Keplerstraße 7, 70174 Stuttgart, Germany