Trinity College Dublin
- Undergraduate Students
Student Services and Facilities
- International students in Ireland are advised to do a maximum of 20 hours of part-time employment during term time if they choose to gain employment.
- The Graduate Scheme allows international graduates to seek a visa extension for 12 months following graduation providing an opportunity to gain valuable international work experience in Ireland.
- Trinity College Dublin has a dedicated Disability Service which aims to provide appropriate advice, support and information to help students and staff with disabilities.
- Trinity College Dublin has Students Unions and a Postgraduate Students Union. The Students Unions work on maintaining and improving student services and provides students with a platform to ensure that their voice is heard in all aspects of college decision making.
- Founded in 1592, Trinity (also called TCD) is Ireland's oldest and most prestigious university.
- As one of Europe’s historic universities, Trinity College Dublin is renowned as a centre of teaching and research excellence. This is supported by the fact that Trinity is Ireland’s only university to rank in the top 100 of the QS World University Rankings.
- Trinity College Dublin has many great alumni, many of whom have helped shape the history of our world (see Notable Alumni).
Notable Alumni and Famous Faces
- Ernest Walton, Nobel laureate in Physics
- Samuel Beckett, Nobel laureate in literature
- Jonathan Swift, writer
- Oscar Wilde, writer
- Bram Stoker, writer
- Edmund Burke, philosopher
- George Berkeley, philosopher
- William Rowan Hamilton, mathematician
- Douglas Hyde, first president of Ireland
- Mary Robinson, president of Ireland
Trinity College Dublin, College Green, Dublin 2, Ireland