University College Cork (UCC)
- Undergraduate Students
Student Services and Facilities
- A full range of support services as befitting a leading international university. Please visit UCC's website for details.
- An energetic and professional student representative body supporting a wide range of activities.
- University College Cork (UCC) was founded in 1845 as one of three Queen’s Colleges established in the reign of Queen Victoria, and named after her.
- Queen's College, Cork (QCC) was created to provide access to higher education in the Irish province of Munster.
- In 1908 the National University of Ireland (NUI) was established, of which the former Queen's College, Cork (QCC), now University College Cork (UCC) was a founding member.
- The Universities Act (1997) established UCC as an independent constituent university of the National University of Ireland.
Notable Alumni and Famous Faces
- George Boole – Professor of Mathematics, best known for his invention of Boolean Algebra in 1854, the basis of the digital economy.
- Seamus Davis – Professor of Physics at Cornell University, world leader in low temperature physics research.
- Paul Whelton – President & Chief Executive Loyola University Health System.
- Liam McKechnie – Irish Supreme Court Judge.
- Patrick Coveney – CEO Greencore PLC.
- Ronan O'Gara BA – Irish/Munster and Lions rugby player.
International Education Office, University College Cork, College Road , Co. Cork, Ireland