University of Amsterdam
- QS World University Ranking (2016–17) 57
- THE World University Ranking (2016–17) 63
- For all courses: applicants need a good command of the English language when applying to English-taught courses. In most cases, this means that you need to have proof before you can make a request for admission. TOEFL, IELTS and the CPE or CAE are all accepted.
- The university will assess the motivation and commitment of applicants.
- Chinese students must have a Nuffic certificate.
- For bachelor's programmes: application standards for bachelor's programmes are high and a good knowledge of mathematics (B or higher at A level) is required as well as a secondary education equivalent to an average of higher than 7.5 in the Dutch VWO (≥ 5 for IB).
- English speakers applying to bachelor's courses are limited to the Liberal Arts and Sciences programme at the Amsterdam University College (AUC) and the BSc in Economics and Business (both 3-year programmes).
- For master's programmes: applicants must hold a bachelor's degree in the relevant field.
- More than 120 courses are taught in English at postgraduate level.
- The University of Amsterdam (UvA) is a research-intensive, multidisciplinary state-funded university.
- It was founded in 1632 with a focus on trade and philosophy.
|Address||University of Amsterdam
1012 ZA Amsterdam