- QS World University Ranking (2017–18) 112
- THE World University Ranking (2017–18) 86
- Prospective students must take the official Swedish test of language proficiency (TISUS) to prove their proficiency in Swedish, and, if non-native speakers of English, have a score of at least 213 in TOEFL.
- Students should have completed the secondary education that would best prepare them for higher education in their own country.
- Students who have not been admitted as undergraduates cannot study at Uppsala without a formal exchange agreement.
- Founded in 1477 by permission of Papal Bull, Uppsala is the oldest Nordic university. Originally an institution for theology, philosophy and law, the insitution has flourished and expanded through the ages into the multisdisciplinary research university it is today.
- Every year Nobel laureates lecture at the university. The tradition of lectures at Uppsala goes back hundreds of years.
- Harking back to the reign of Gustavus Adolphus, horseback riding, music and fencing remain extracurricular strengths of the university.
- A limited number of undergraduate courses are taught in English, with most instruction in Swedish except at postgraduate level. These courses are mainly short (5 to 10 credit) courses with only one 60 credit course.
S:t Olofsgatan 10B
753 12 Uppsala