- QS World University Ranking (2017–18) 112
- THE World University Ranking (2017–18) 86
- Founded in 1477 by permission of Papal Bull, Uppsala is the oldest Nordic university. Originally an institution for theology, philosophy and law, the institution has flourished and expanded through the ages into the multidisciplinary research university it is today.
- Every year Nobel laureates lecture at the university. The tradition of lectures at Uppsala goes back hundreds of years.
- Harking back to the reign of Gustavus Adolphus, horseback riding, music and fencing remain extracurricular strengths of the university.
- A limited number of undergraduate courses are taught in English, with most instruction in Swedish except at postgraduate level. These courses are mainly short (5 to 10 credit) courses with only one 60 credit course.
Uppsala University, S:t Olofsgatan 10B, 753 12 Uppsala, Sweden